VMware Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Called by recruiter, went through a simulated sales call. After passing that about a week and a half later was scheduled for a 5 minute predetermined WebEx topic followed by a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In 5 minutes give us an overview of what virtualization is.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. A little clumsy. Contacted by HR screener. Reasonable conversation. They went dark for two months before they called me back. Now that want to do the process yesterday. A little frustrating but ok. The actual interviews are fair and reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was in-depth, had to do presentation, show knowledge of company as well as industry. Additionally, previous success and territory knowledge was evaluated. The process starts with a recruiter, then phone interview and after that one-on-one meeting. I was called back twice to meet with other managers and peers.

Interview Questions

• How to handle channel conflict   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard questions
    Tell me about yourself. What is your background?
    2. What do you know about our company?
    3. Why did you decide to seek a position with this company? What interests you about our company?

Interview Questions

• Sales targets
      ch of these qualities in your current job? In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
      6. What aspects of your previous experience do you think will be most helpful to you in this role? Is there any unique experience that would be likely to be of benefit to you in this position. Please outline this.
      7. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      8. Tell me about a time that you failed at something, and what you did afterwards. What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?
      9. Are you a team player? Describe a time when you worked on a team project. What was your relative position on the team? Were you satisfied with your contribution? How could it have been better?
      10. How do you work under pressure? Give an example of how you dealt with it? How do you typically behave when a deadline is approaching?
      11. How do you react to criticism?
      12. What has been the biggest disappointment in your career to date?
      13. What is your greatest achievement to date?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in September 2011.

Interview

was ok, alot of talk, unorepared staff, got offer for other job, but did not take. personal motivation important and knowhow.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Interview

Questioned experience, timeline, passion and knowledge.