VMware Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Consultant

VMware Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in January 2015.

Interview

I had four interviews over the course of a month. Three of which were over the phone and technical. One was in person with two veteran VMware employees whom evaluated my fit for VMware's great culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VMware?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and that led to several several phone interviews with two different recruiters. I had three or four technical phone interviews over the span of a few weeks before having an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and lasted several hours.

Interview Questions

• There were plenty of technical questions but I don't believe I am allowed to share them. There were also a lot of questions about the travel requirement of the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were fairly straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Clifton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Started out with the initial call from the candidate development recruiter. Followed my multiple scheduling emails. Technical interview consisted of 3 calls, 2 w/Sr. Consultants & 1 Consulting Architect. After successfully completing these, I was asked for an in person with the hiring manager. Was flown out to meet with the hiring manager and all went well, shook hands and was told "looking forward to having you on the team." After a few weeks, a follow up phone interview was scheduled with the director which was considered a formality. The call went well, nothing overly technical just basic questions, ie "why are you leaving", "why do you think you'd be a good fit here" etc. I ended the call excited and ready to make the transition in my career to the company I have strived to get into for so long. Two weeks later I was informed that I would not be getting an offer and that two others were presented with one. I was devastated but learned a lesson I had forgotten in my excitement - there's no such thing as a verbal offer, only those that exist on paper. If i had the opportunity in the future to pursue the same position, I 100% would and while it didn't end as I had expected, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment during your childhood and how it relates to the person you have become?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I had four interviews consisting of three technical and one behavioral. Great experience and relativity fast for such a large company. In one week I had my first three interviews with the fourth the following week. Interviewers were (and are) very intelligent and can see past any BS, so you must know your stuff and be willing and able to adapt the company's culture and values as your own.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews, 2 phone and one face to face. One phone interviews technical, but only a few synonyms and their full name were asked, not real difficult questions.
    During the face to face they asked for a presentation but were not really interested in telling about the position. It seemed they wanted a sales guy more than a Senior Consultant as they announced for.
    The work time needed to be booked with more than 80%, there were no time for training, travel time were not bookable and you were supposed to cover all of Europe.
    The manager doing the interview thought high of their products, and so do I, that is why I wanted the job, but didn't want to comment on the future of the company.
    We split and they wanted to give a feedback the following week, never got any, even though I asked 2 times.

Interview Questions

• Can you present one of the last projects you have worked on?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Seven interviews, six on the phone and one in person with the hiring manager. Interviews with technical staff, manager, project manager. No standard testing, just 1 to 1 phone calls. The recruiter is always there to help as it was a very long process. The first interview with the recruiter to the job offer took about four months.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Santiago (Chile)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks. I had the chance to be interviewed with several different employees with the same position in the region. I also was interviewed by a external recruiter and with the Country Manager.

All the interviews was by phone, except the last one with the Country Manager, which was in person.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in February 2010.

Interview

There were several phone interviews covering the several members of the team I was looking to join. Don't be surprised when you have several interviews. It took me by surprise when they wanted so many interviews but in the end they need to make sure they cover as many data points as they can. Some of the interviews were technical and the others were more character or social to make sure you can communicate well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions about the various aspects of the products and how they integrate into the enterprise.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked many situational questions that were beyond simple facts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The advice I would give someone interviewing is to be patient and know that there will be several interviews. The company is very generous and makes sure that they are hiring people that can add to the world class service they provide.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland
    face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant
    Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability.
    The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available.
    The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.