VMware Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Dropped the Cv based on job ad seen on a job search website. Had a phone call couple of days after. Phone call is the screening step, very formal and professional. After maybe 30 minutes, we agreed we were heading toward the same direction. Been offered a face-to-face interview on site.
Second interview was simple straight forward, met a GSS team manager, one team member for the technical assessment, all together 1 hour...
24 hours after Phone call for final decision...

Interview Questions

• example of situation where one has to deal with an unhappy user?
    General standard questions... nothing tricky or sneaky.
    Real assessment of the potential, technically, team-player like, friendly, professional,
    I believe that's what they are checking as VMware is very customer satisfaction driven   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews, first with HR, then with Technical Support Staff and then with managers. Personal speaking, technical question then management speaking about management attitude. 3 different sessions all in the same site. First on phone

Interview Questions

• Speak about your experiences   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

5 interviews, Recruiter first, then the director and and then technical and then 4 other people at the same time,
    mostly over the phone and not a single face to face interview, almost all of the interviews were over the phone

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

First interview was with recruiter, short and consisted of basic questions; why do I wanna work there, salary expectations, relocation possibility etc. Second one was also short basic technical with team manager and one engineer; questions were basic networking, storage, operating systems. As I was preparing for more complex, operational questions I failed miserably due to not being prepared for such a basic, school type stuff that is not really used in real life.
    Prep for basics for 1st tech interview no matter how experienced you are, because you don't want to be tilted.
    p.s. people were very nice and polite and its not their fault for my flop

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Finished in 2 weeks from first contact by recruiter. All together 3 interviews, first by recruiter, second one technical part and last character and personality questions. Questions ranging from Microsoft, Linux and networking area. On personality/character interview aim was to see reactions under stress and time pressure - reactions to different day to day support operations...

Interview Questions

• Discus troubleshooting procedure for Microsoft, Linux and networking problems.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was more of basics of linux and storage as this was a support role. Now the process is first round will be over phone and then one would be called for one on one.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

There are usually 2 rounds of technical round - tough
    Manager round /Senior manager -2
    Had on site interview. There were total 4 interviews. Interviews were a mixture of technical, behavioural and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Operating System
      Networking