VMware Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter found me at linkedin and give an initial phone interview asking about some overview questions, which went well. Then arranged a phone interview with a engineer. The questions are not difficult, but in details. For example tcpdump command, constructor of derived class in python and so on... I used them in previous project, but cannot remember the details. So failed quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tcpdump command, what the constructor of derived class in python look like, some other Linux commands   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Screening phone interview, one programming question and a lot of discussion about networking concept. On site interview also networking concept questions and few coding questions, and some test case discussion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected if you have a good networking fundamentals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Telephonic round followed by writing a code for the Chess game. Then an onsite interview consisting of 5 rounds (in which they asked wide variety of questions including stack implementation and core java questions). They are mostly interested in multi-threading, so if you can answer questions on that then you are good. 4 rounds were good interviewers helped when i was stuck. 5th one was not so great the interviewer laughed when i could not answer a question. While leaving i asked if i could use your restroom at this he replied offcourse i know you need that now. Good luck with the managers!

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It went through smoothly. One round telephonic was technical. This was followed by two rounds of technical F2F discussions. Finally, there was a managerial round. The technical interviews went well - mostly expected questions. Some programs to be written (Binary tree traversal, linked list, string matching). Unix internals. But, it took a couple of months to get the offer letter in hand - after I was confirmed selected.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but a little unexpected. I was asked to design a chess game software. What data structures I would use was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; was satisfied with the offer.