VMware Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter found me at linkedin and give an initial phone interview asking about some overview questions, which went well. Then arranged a phone interview with a engineer. The questions are not difficult, but in details. For example tcpdump command, constructor of derived class in python and so on... I used them in previous project, but cannot remember the details. So failed quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tcpdump command, what the constructor of derived class in python look like, some other Linux commands   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Screening phone interview, one programming question and a lot of discussion about networking concept. On site interview also networking concept questions and few coding questions, and some test case discussion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected if you have a good networking fundamentals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Telephonic round followed by writing a code for the Chess game. Then an onsite interview consisting of 5 rounds (in which they asked wide variety of questions including stack implementation and core java questions). They are mostly interested in multi-threading, so if you can answer questions on that then you are good. 4 rounds were good interviewers helped when i was stuck. 5th one was not so great the interviewer laughed when i could not answer a question. While leaving i asked if i could use your restroom at this he replied offcourse i know you need that now. Good luck with the managers!

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had given lot many interview in my career, But I had the worst experience with the experienced panelist. All junior level employee asked good questions and shown interest while taking interview, but senior staff showed their attitude even in interview. (No interest , looking here and there , laughing on answers, very much unprofessional ).

In interview No Pen, No marker Nothing.

I've Given 7 Round total 5 Technical 2 Manager

Recruiter asked to come at 10. I've reached at 10 AM sharp and need to wait for 1 hour, no one was aware that there is interview scheduled for me.

same day I've given 5 rounds till 6:30 PM (Two more round on another day), No lunch arrangement from VMWARE and even I had to pay 100/- for parking. :p

Not a single question asked on networking and I got the feedback that my networking knowledge is not much strong so they are going with other candidate

Overall frustrating experience.

Note: There was not a single questions which I was not able to answer I was very well prepared.

2. Crossing River with equal number of flower and offer the same number in three temple (Puzzle)
    3. Search the Node in linked list.
    4. Change to upper case (each word of sentence)
    5. Add one day in given (dd,mm,yy)
    6. Find the element in dict of dict
    7.Get the value from config file like. Server1:IP and Server2: IP etc. get the value of each server of create Dict
    8. Magic function in Python.
    9. Lambda, map, filter, yield.
    10. Divide rectangle in minimum number of square. (I've done but he was interested with recursion method) two people asked same question.
    11. Api Testing (One api return child of given parents and we have set of parents) how will you test this, also test that any child does not returning parent.
    12. Who decides that build is not ready for test.

Last but main question Do you know marathi ? 4/7 asked this

Interview Questions

• 1. Puzzle of Wrong label (Manager will ask this, he asked this questions to everyone)
      3. Search the Node in linked list.
      4. Change to upper case (each word of sentence) (This Is Test Question)
      5. Add one day in given (dd,mm,yy)
      6. Find the element in dict of dict
      8. Magic function in Python.
      9. Lambda, map, filter, yield.
      12. Who decides that build is not ready for test.

Last but main question Do you know marathi ? 4/7 asked this   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It went through smoothly. One round telephonic was technical. This was followed by two rounds of technical F2F discussions. Finally, there was a managerial round. The technical interviews went well - mostly expected questions. Some programs to be written (Binary tree traversal, linked list, string matching). Unix internals. But, it took a couple of months to get the offer letter in hand - after I was confirmed selected.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but a little unexpected. I was asked to design a chess game software. What data structures I would use was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; was satisfied with the offer.