VMware Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

3.8

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware in November 2015.

Interview

From start to finish, the process took a little over 2 months. I spoke with 3 other TAMs, an SE, and the hiring manager. Each person that I spoke with was very friendly and made the interview process very comfortable (I've found this same friendly environment in my first few days with the company as well).

Interview Questions

• There were several questions related to dealing with "difficult" customer situations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware in June 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview with Recruiter
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Interview with SR. TAM
    4. Face to Face with SR TAM, Account Rep and Systems Engineer
    I was able to create a relationship with my recruiter which really helped as the process drug on for a LONG time.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview:
      ESX Basics
      Vsphere Basics
      How do you create a VM template, How do you use vMotion, What is DRS, Storage DRS. What is Vcenter, What is a Datacenter, Cluster, HA
      TCP/IP Basic - Subnets, DNS, DHCP, FTP
      Active Directory Basics, What are the FSMO roles, OUs,
      SR TAM & Face To Face.
      Experience and how it maps to role. More on the business side than technical. How you can help customers to align their business problems to VMware Solutions from a support persective. Account Management. Integration with the sales account team is a key success factor. Using consulting skills to help manage the account. Being a connector to the rest of VMware to ensure that the client is using the VMWare tools they bought to the best of their ability etc.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Friendly process that was easy to go through. They worked with me to get the right setup. The total mix worked out well for me.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I actually interviewed more than once for two separate TAM roles. The first round went through a series of 6 phone interviews. From what I understand I was final round but didn't get it. That started off with a technical interview which was a lot of questions surrounding the product stack. Be aware of new products and versions of vCloud, vSphere, vCAC, vCops, etc...

Not sure if that many interviews is typical. The second time I applied was when they called me back after 5 months for another opening. This interview process took around a month and was a few more interviews technical, and scenario type questions. I'd suggest preparing notes with product info, as well as focusing on use case examples of your resume history.

Interview Questions

• The scenario questions are more of "what would you do in this situation". A lot of high level overview scenarios along the lines of how you deal with business stakeholders, interact with account teams, handle difficult conversations like customer pain points. Again, discuss use cases where you've implemented their products and what business problems you solved with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very happy with the offer, didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Seamless. Everyone I talked with was amazing and really smart. It was very well done. the first interview was with an internal recruiter, then I talked with a couple of what I later found out were soon to be peers, of course i ended the process with my direct report and her manager. It was not easy by any means but well done and I was updated as the process moved into an offer. The offer was awesome.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a vmware recruiter the next day. The initial chat went well and I was called back to schedule a technical interview that day. We scheduled the interview out four days and I was warned it was going to be a technical interview. The technical interview was tough! I hung up feeling very humble. I didn't get the offer but I wasn't extremely surprised given my interview performance.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Overall, I had a very good experience. Everybody was very forthright and kept appointments. Every person that I talked to was very professional and quick to answer any question that I had. The technical interview was rough and may have been a bit of a blow to my ego, but the interviewer was great.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview, I literally felt like I tanked. There were some simple questions at the beginning but that just seemed to bring on bigger guns. The interviewer was very friendly but I think that just made it feel surreal. In the end I was not able to answer questions that I thought I knew the answer to because I was getting more nervous with every question.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

There was an initial recruiter-type screening, followed by a number of separate technical and business-process type interviews. Following these, there was several weeks of no activity, then an inperson interview process that included a total of 6 people in groups numbering 1,2,3.

After the interviews, I was told someone would get back to me within a week. After a month of no responses, I asked for a status and was again told someone would get back to me within a week. I have yet to get any response at all.

Interview Questions

• They peppered the interview with out-of-left-field type questions. They weren't crazy how would you move mount fiji type questions, but they were asked totally randomly. It left me feeling a little uneasy and unsure of the flow of the conversation   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole end to end interview process consisted of three telephone interviews, two of which were with VMware recruitment, going over general background, technical expertise etc. and then a third directly with the hiring manager who went over the role, quizzed me on my knowledge of the company and how I would benefit VMware and how my skills would make me good at the role etc. The telephone interviews with the recruitment team were around thirty minutes each and the telephone interview with the hiring manager was 90 minutes. Following those I was then invited to a formal face to face interview which was completed in two stages; a 1:1 and then a panel, including the hiring manager. The total face to face interview time was just over two hours, with each stage taking around 50% of the time. This covered past expereinces in more detail, low level details around what my speciifc involvement was and what my responsibilities had been, as well as descriing problems experienced and how I had successfully resolved them. Thorough is the word I would use!

Interview Questions

• The good old "Could you provide a negative attribute about yourself and how this has impacted you during your working life".   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, then we have an interview via skype, then 3 1:1 interviews with peers and the last interview was a phone call with the regional manager, the process was long (40 days), but they like a 360 degree view of each candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do your current certifications fit in the position.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2014.

Interview

I've been contacted via LinkedIn and as this position is close match to my current position with other global vendor, I've sent them my CV. First interview with HR in Ireland over the phone (1 hour) rather straight forward and professional. After initial interview, scheduled technical screening/interview and their HR make huge faux pas not communicating date/time correctly (at least that was excuse received from local hiring office) ending up with interviewer showing up 50 min late on scheduled interview. After that 1:1 which passed totally ok (2 hours chat about previous experiences, expectations,....) no follow up in any form for 2.5 months (after pinging HR: "we'll follow up after we get answer from hiring mgr."...). Pending...

Interview Questions

• Nothing special/complicated on both interviews, HR initial and technical screening. More in chit-chat form.   Answer Question