VMware Technical Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Technical Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process took so long that I thought I was out of the running. Interviewers were both professional and welcoming in their demeanor.
Had one phone interview, then 5 in-person interviews. Oddly, after I was hired, those chosen to interview me were not necessarily people I would interact with.
Advice: Do not be put off by the length of time the interview process takes; you may still be among the top picks. Also, if you do not get chosen, ask for referrals to hiring managers for other open positions within the company--you may not be a fit for the position you applied for, but you may be perfect for another. Use your previous interviewer's name as a referral when you call the next hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard your understanding of the architecture of < this product>.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your starting salary carefully because you will only very slowly get increases over time. Your initial salary is very important.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

phone interview. in-person interview.