VPI Technology Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VPI Technology Group

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Draper, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewers concerns were mainly on communications, ability to explain and problem solve. After interview, due to demand, I was placed in front of a team of developers that have similar skill sets.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Draper, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was held with 3 people in management.
    It was approximately a 2 hour interview. The management performing the interview made the interview process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer how will you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Draper, UT).

Interview

Unprofessional, amateur, out of touch with industry norms, embarrassing for VPI, strange and weird. I've worked at or have interviewed with half a dozen fortune 500 companies and nothing compares to this bizarre group.

My advice: Do not go anywhere near this company. Do not do business or work here. Based on their website profiles of the executive leadership, there is no experience, past employment or business outside of the mountain west area. The lack of industry experience is scary. Also, it appears that the executive leadership team, have only worked at VPI Engineering for their entire professional careers. Employees who have only worked at one job lack necessary skill, knowledge and experience to be successful and add value.

From my interviewing experience, this company really has no idea what they are doing. Taking a test is not an effective way to find top talent. Also, nepotism appears to run strong in their culture. It appears that they only hire people from Utah State based off the website profile of the executive leadership team. Lack of engineering talent and nepotism is a recipe for disaster. In my opinion, with the current sheltered executive management team and leadership, the future looks very bleak for VPI Engineering.

Interview Questions

VPI Technology Group Response

Oct 21, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

VPI welcomes feedback from individuals that interact with our company. Often times the input from external sources (as well as VPI staff) can help add value to our services and improve our corporate... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Draper, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with nearly 10 people, each asking questions about my experience, as well as some technical questions. I was also asked to complete a technical test, which was quite difficult.

Interview Questions

• If you are working with a client and they ask you to do something you know technically is not the best solution, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group.

Interview

After submitting the resume, I was asked to take a test. The test covered several areas of programming: image manipulation ideas, multi threading ideas, memory management, etc. After taking the test, I was brought in 2 different times for interviews - a team interview and some 1-on-1s.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you switching from 1 program to the next in short order?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Draper, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to come for an interview with 2 managers. Following that interview I was invited to the group interview with 7 members of the upper management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was a conflict with your supervisor. What did you do and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group.

Interview

I applied online and then received a phone call the next day setting up an interview for the next week. I was interviewed by three managers and was asked difficult but intriguing questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would keeping the billing of inventory for parts be so vital to a company like this.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VPI Technology Group (Riverton, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

Took a written evaluation, testing technical knowledge for the position. After that there was an in person interview. From the time of the interview it was only a few days before I heard back from them when an offer.