VSA Partners, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VSA Partners, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at VSA Partners, Inc.

2.6

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc..

Interview

The process was well-organized and engaging. I interviewed with two people, one was the hiring manager and the other a team member. I thought the questions were fair and was very impressed by the overall working environment.

Client Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc..

Interview

Employee referral. Really one of the worst experiences I have had in terms of structure, communication and expectations. The whole process from initial conversations with the recruiter to finally get an answer on whether they were interested or not took 6 months! Months went by before getting a response. Did they really think that 4 months after the in person interview that I would be interested or employed elsewhere? I was more than qualified for the role, however I had to sell myself to a recruiter who seems to know very little about the industry. If you are a Designer it's probably a great place to beef up your portfolio. If you are a strat person or client service, look elsewhere.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone screening where she asked me informational questions about current and past jobs, one in person interview I suppose to gage personality & culture fit. Tour around the office, had interview in one of their conference rooms.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about where you're currently working? Why do you want to go into this discipline? Why go into this field? How do you think your courses might connect to your internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. Contacted same day by recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview then got two video calls with design teams. Whole process took 2 weeks. Quick and easy. I was also not in the area, so they were fine with interviewing via Google Hangout.

Biz Dev Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc..

Interview

Short phone interview. My interviewer had rescheduled once only a few minutes before our first schedule time, then called 5 mins late for the reschedule.
    Questions were pretty basic.
    The offer was nowhere near in line with my experience level and pay was likely 1/4 of my expected minimum, but the interviewer was nice.

I suggest being more professional as an interviewer as well as targeting appropriately for recruiting. Punctuality is essential as an interviewer, and that was very telling for the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked my salary requirements and seemed surprised by an honest answer.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They sent in a very junior level person to interview me. She then proceeded to tell me that they typically hire young, right out of college employees. They definitely have age discrimination and for that reason I knew that it was not a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• We typically hire young, right out of college people - how do you feel working with younger people?   1 Answer

ACD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

After numerous rounds of interviews, in-person and over the phone, VSA has said everyone loved my partner and I. After they sent an email saying, "Hold tight! We'll be making our decision soon!" it was literally radio silence. I can understand doing that after an interview, maybe two. But after 4 different interviews and so much positivity, to not even get an email back is just disrespectful of all the invested time. And this is all after they reached out to my partner. We didn't apply for the interview, they asked us there.

Senior Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the three most senior leaders for my position and division, over the course of two interviews. They were courteous to meet with me after hours and during the lunch hour, which made it easier to interview without taking time off. The recruiter coordinated the process and offer remotely, calling me over the phone with an offer. They made a generous offer, but made it clear they weren't interested in a bidding war.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a generous offer, and requested to not be involved in a bidding war.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR, asking me how much do I know them, and what are my previous working experience, what do I expect to gain from this Intern

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VSA Partners, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I have applied via referral as well as online.

I had a negative experience with them in the past - where the recruiter did a phone screen and told me she would pass my info to the team, except I never heard back from them.

For the most recent application, I did not even get an interview, just an email saying my experience wasn't the right fit, but asking if I could freelance. This communication was presumably for the employee referral, since it was a non-automated email from the hiring manager. However, a few days later I received identical automated rejection emails from two different people, on two different days.

This does not reflect well on them as a company. They obviously are in need of a better system to keep track of candidates, better communication, and better recruiters who know how to do their job.