VSP Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VSP Global Interview Questions

Interviews at VSP Global

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Global in October 2019.

Interview

consisted of 2 interviews of 1 hour each.
    Asked basic questions about my life and goals.
    Some technical questions on search engines, google analytics dashboards and ad campaign.
    They examined the passion to learn new things and basic knowledge of Digital Marketing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you were in while at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Global (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Phone screen and In-Person interview.
    I wasn't selected to move on, because I didn't seem as "health conscious" as the other employees in the department. I guess skills were not a consideration for employment in that group.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Global.

Interview

You can apply to their open positions online with yourreume and cover letter, and then out of hundreds of qualified applicants the options will be reviewed, and then you receive a phone interview from HR. After that is an in-person review with the hiring managers. After that you will go through background check and screening. Easily the best hiring process I have ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you needed to change up your strategy to resolve an issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VSP Global (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

The summer internship program was a speed dating interview. It was a great opportunity to meet a lot of people, show your strengths and weaknesses, and get an idea of the work environment.

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VSP Global in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online via job posting, received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview after a few weeks.

I'm not sure if this was just for my recruiter in particular, but even this brief screening process was extremely disorganized. About 2 minutes in, it was immediately apparent that the recruiter had not at all read my resume. She had not even pulled up my file and had to ask me if I'd graduated from college (this information is displayed in a large font at the top of my resume as I'm a recent graduate and it explicitly states that I'd graduated with a Bachelor's.)

The interview discussion was also very odd. All other employers that I've interviewed for (notably Google) haven't been super picky about the years of experience in a specific job category. For instance, if the job posting says "a minimum of 2 years" and I have 1 year+ with full capability of performing and exceeding the job requirements, I pass the screening process with no issues. I had 10 months in a specific job category, with publications and marketing experience, and the job specification said "1-3 years". Because I didn't have the requisite additional two months, and because I was apparently not pumping out content regularly (despite my publications and regular online contributions), the recruiter straight up stated that she couldn't "qualify me for the position".

Keep in mind, she noticed and said this 20 minutes into the interview. For 20 minutes, I was demonstrating my knowledge of the company and elaborating on my experience and skillsets. On my resume, I very clearly list my dates of employment, and this entire process could have been avoided if she'd just read my resume instead of relying on whatever B.S. algorithm they use at VSP Global. Granted it was only a 20 minute interview, but as a thorough individual, I'd spent about 4 hours the night before preparing and researching the company and their projects.

My advice:

1) Hire fully capable individuals based on their skill sets and the qualities that they bring to the table. Don't cut people out of consideration just because they have only ten out of the requisite 12 months of employment for a specific skill set.

2) Tell your recruiters to at least skim over the resume before contacting the candidate. Additionally, remind them not to mention that they're sorry for being late because they were going "back to back" with other candidates for that role. It's inappropriate when a candidate apologizes for not picking up because they were interviewing with other companies; that same courtesy should be upheld by recruiters. Use a vague excuse if need be.

Obviously, I will not be reapplying. If a simple phone screening is a mess from the get-go, the entire hiring process must also be disorganized. I have no interest in contributing my time and resources to a company that can't get their sh*t together with a task as simple as a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you graduate from college?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at VSP Global (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

I once interviewed there many years ago. I was politely told that I wasn't considered for the position because I was overweight and wouldn't be a good fit. That was a gracious way to discriminate against an employee regardless of the education and experience.

Visual Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VSP Global (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The process was quick and straight to the point, they got back to me two days later. It went very smoothly. The interviewers were also very kind and patient with the questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• Know what your goals are and what you want from the internship, they ask this to make sure your goals align with theirs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VSP Global (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had applied online for a software engineer position but was declined because I didn't have the experience (5 years). A senior hiring manager called me a few days later to see if I was interested in applying for a new position that was the same but with fewer years of experience (1-2 years).
    After the call I was scheduled for an onsite interview (I also had to go and apply to the position online before the onsite).
    The interview was an hr and 30 min. The hiring manager gave me a tour of the building (about 15 minutes) and then I was interviewed by the team manager, Architect, senior engineer, and mid level engineer. They were all in the same room at the same time (a group interview, not one at a time). They mostly asked about the things on my resume and how I would handle certain work situations. They also went over the different languages and skills used for the position and had me explain when and how I had used them (Java, JQuery, MySQL, NodeJS, etc). They asked only 3 technical questions, the majority of the interview was behavioral based.
    A week later I was emailed/called letting me know I had been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Array and List?   Answer Question
    • How would you compare two strings? Follow up question: why would you use equals()?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Abstract and Interface?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VSP Global (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Superficial. 30 minutes. Standard questions. No questions about specific experience. Lack of creativity in questions. Interviewer had zero enthusiasm or energy. Interviewer provided very ambiguous description of the job. Interviewer did not seem to know anything about project management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VSP Global in August 2017.

Interview

received a phone interview a few days after applying and a face to face interview was scheduled in the same call. The actual interview was a panel setup and mostly technical questions were asked. Overall not bad.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you had a problem with a co-worker and how you handled it.   1 Answer