VTB Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VTB Direct

1.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

applied online, interviewed in person. First interview was a short in person meeting, the second was a full day shadow. Received an offer on the spot after the shadow. The shadow is with a manager in the field and is a good chance to really understand the basics of what will be required of you and how to be successful within the prospective position.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME- DOOR TO DOOR SALES

I was hesitant going in for the first interview because the online job description was so vague. I wasn't sure what exactly the job entailed. I had an extremely quick conversation with the CEO. He asked about my experience and what I was looking for in a new job. Again, everything about the job description was very vague. He said that it was not a cold calling job and that customer service was their number one priority to the clients. Sounds great, right? The second interview is an all day job shadow where you go around with one of the sales reps/account executives. This is where you actually get an understanding of what the job is- DOOR TO DOOR SALES. They sell paper and office products for an online retailed called Quill. They get people to set up an online account in order to purchase PAPER. Oh, but the real money is on the toner. The job is a joke. I wanted to leave after we left the first business to try to sell paper.

VTB needs to be upfront with it's applicants and tell them that its a door to door sales position. VTB is deceptively advertised online as a sales and consulting firm. It is completely misleading.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

There is 3 interviews. The first one is brief 4-7 questions. The second one is an all day job shadow (9-5) with a account manager. The final one is same format as the first one making sure you are a good fit for job

Interview Questions

• Describe what success means to you?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very fast and easy. Brought into an interview the same week I applied. It seemed a little too casual. I suppose everyone was out in the field because just the owner and receptionist were in the office while I was interviewing.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Everyone gets the job. They ask you why you are interested in sales and if you are willing to work long hours. Everyone is very friendly and wants you to learn.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

In person interview then a all day shadow and then a final interview in person. The all day shadow allows for you to get a better idea of what you do.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter calls and informed me of the job opportunity and how they felt I would be a good possible fit and then asked me some general questions. When I met the recruiters requirements I was asked to come in and do an first day interview with the boss. After the boss interviewed me I was asked to do a second round interview. During the second round interview I did a full day of job shadowing of a current employer to see if they thought I was a good fit and if I would accept the position. After the day was over I was discussed by the boss and employees and then was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• why I would be a good leader   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX).

Interview

Received an email and a phone call about the position. Answered a few questions over the phone, scheduled a one-on-one interview with the president, than moved forward to the third stage of a full day shadow of how the firm operates and a final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview is initially with the boss in his office in Austin, TX. The interview appears to be very formal when in reality it is very laid back and no need to have any experience in sales or marketing at all. All you need to truly get accepted in this job is to be full of energy, for the boss and the person who takes you out on the second round interview to like you, and for you to be willing to drive a lot and put in a lot of hours for something that is hardly attainable.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate anything except 2 forms of pay plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VTB Direct (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. The salary is going to be based on commission no matter which option you choose though. You can have a base pay that is pretty low or do all commission. You do not need a college degree to do this job at all. Personally I think it would be a waste of time and would not even get you valuable experience on your resume. I really believe that most of this job would be luck... Also, I think that the second part of the 3 part interview process is a little insane. A full day 9:30-5:30 of shadow? What a huge waste of time for a job like this. I mean I kind of get doing that for your dream job.. but who wants to do door to door sales for paper as their dream job?
    ALSO look at the office where they are located. It is really ghetto.

Interview Questions

• Rank the following in order of importance to you; Work environment, salary, and possibility of promotion.   1 Answer