VWR Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VWR Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well. The HR rep I spoke with was very personable. Also, I do like that they contacted me through email initially. I do not like answering the phone numbers I do not know. This allowed me to think about what they wanted before responding.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about each previous job on my resume. Even dating back 10 years.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VWR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR (Suwanee, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called me the next day and talked about the job and company. She then went to ask me interview questions and after told me she would be sending all this to the hiring manager. I never heard back. No email, no call. Nothing!

The recruiter was very pleasant, have no complaints about her. I would just say it'd be nice to heard a rejection email or call than nothing at all!

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      They basically asked normal interview questions nothing too hard to answer.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone and in person interviews were professional and as expected. Scheduling process was convenient and flexible. Everyone I spoke with was knowledgeable and answered my questions thoroughly. I thought there was great communication and the recruiter was very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease - she even wished me luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Tonawanda, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with VWR Representative went well, very professional. I thought the in person interview went well, lots of talking and I answered the barrage of questions from the two interviewers - one by phone which was a little uncomfortable because of the connection. Received an email 20 minutes later that they were considering other candidates. I was surprised because of my experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do I begin- the interview was (draining) - mostly hypothetical questions. (I've never had a situation in Customer service where I couldn't fix the issue for the customer and make them happy?) Did not know where the interviewer where going with the barrage of questions or what they were looking for.   1 Answer
    • Training for SAP would be a week in Rochester, NY are you ok with that.   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VWR (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

It took two interviews to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are give an offer, no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Suwanee, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 2 p.m, however, when I arrived the person scheduled to interview me was not available. They got two supervisors to interview me. They asked me to wait for someone in HR to talk to me after the interview. After about 10 minutes I was told everyone was busy and that I could leave. I knew it would not end well when the interviewer was not available. I never received any more communication from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard situational questions. I answered the questions with ease, I had the appropriate experience and I lived five minutes from the work site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had a phone interview--I have to say she wasn't very friendly or talkative, just asked her list of questions and when I answered there was no conversation at all. I was told I would hear by phone or e-mail in two weeks. Never heard by phone and it was three weeks later that I received a thank you but no thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VWR (Swedesboro, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a nice surprise to see that VWR responded to my online application three days after I submitted it. They scheduled a phone interview and the HR recruiter asked a lot of questions relevant to the job. She also asked about my past job experiences especially situations that relate to the current job description. The phone interview lasted for half an hour and they asked me to come to the Swedesboro office for the 1:1 interview the next day.

The workplace looked new and very professional. Everyone I met so far seemed really nice, especially the manager who interviewed me. It also lasted half an hour and the questions were more specific this time -- mostly situational questions like what would I do if I encounter this, etc. The interview went really well and they offered me job after three hours.

They also offered me the highest pay for the position, probably because of my work experience. Don't be afraid to negotiate! It's also higher than the industry average so I'm assuming a lot of their employees are quite happy about that.

I would advise prospective employees to be confident and pleasant. They didn't specify but wear business professional to the interview.

Interview Questions

• If there were 4 more applicants here with you, what would you tell me to convince me to hire you?   1 Answer
    • The workday is usually busy. How will you handle additional urgent projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay. They will pay more if you have a lot of relevant work experience. Just stress your skills and what you would be able to do for them, but be nice at the same time. Never pushy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VWR (Coimbatore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with the team lead, then the assistant manager, once got through both, i had a telephonic interview with the on shore supervisor, then the final round with the HR.