VWR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2018

2.6

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VWR (Malvern, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be with three of the managers but when I got there only two showed up. They asked questions straight off a list of behavioral and situational question sheets. They were just what you would find by googling interview questions nothing to hard or creative.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when a customer had a problem how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Malvern, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the in person interview lasted about 30 minutes as well. Was offered a position the following day. Overall, it was a very straight forward interview and it was one of the easiest interviews I have been on. It was my second job interview ever and it was extremely easy and low key. I would recommend this job for someone who is straight out of high school who is looking for a position, but not for someone who needs this job to support a family.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Henrietta, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

the interviewer was very thorough. I had a phone interview first, but I didn't get that position because it was a team manager. I had no experience as a manager, so a couple of years later, they asked me back for a team member interview in person.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VWR.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was easy enough and consisted of a few questions and an overview of the company. The recruiter told me she would contact the lab manager and email me by the end of the next day as to whether or not the manager wanted to move forward with the interview. That was last week and I never heard from the company again. If I wasn't selected to move forward then fine, but to tell me to expect to hear from you and then completely disregard me is beyond unprofessional.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (West Chester, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

There was a run of the mill phone interview. The interviewer was great and well versed. There were generic resume questions and a few leadership type questions. Tell me about a past experience where you exhibited leadership. Tell me about a time when you helped a colleague achieve a task.

On Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Cambridge, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Four levels of telephone interviews: 1) Recruitment (screening), 2) Director, 3) Vice President, 4) HR Business Partner. I never did meet my future boss until after I was hired. I fact I had been "on the job" for 2-3 weeks before the "boss" showed up.
    The "Final interview" consisted of meeting the key customer representatives at the actual work site.
    The reason it was negative is that I thought it was quite strange that the company chose me (as one of 15 candidates) without my boss or any representative of the company having met me personally. The only people I met face to face was the primary customer contacts, of which there were three. The offer came about ten days later after the customer interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about whether I had ever worked for one company while being embedded at the customer site as a manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided a very good offer, and I did not ask for a higher salary, just an extra week of vacation, which they provided.

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Stafford, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A lot of work and very little pay. Interviewer didn't seem to. E very knowledgeable about the company. Typical questions but expectations vs salary did not match. It took a month to get a response then the interview was scheduled 3 weeks out. I found that very odd.

Interview Questions

• Seems like it is very complicated. Work environment was questionable. If offered a position i would turn it down.   Answer Question

Interview

HR interview on the phone first, then interview at the branch. Although I was late for 1 hour, they still interview me and I was hired. They asked lots of canned questions and seem to nod at everything I have said. Some people are walking in and out constantly and it is a pretty awkward interview process. I was surprised that I got the offer.

Inventory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a typical phone screen with HR, then was invited to have a interview with the territory manager, I had a follow up call with the same HR rep and then was given a job offer.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview with technical recruiter. Follow-up phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face marathon interview with HR, hiring manager, 2 peers of hiring manager, potential subordinates, would be peers. The subordinate interview included a junior employee whom offered a weak attempt at grilling me. It was his first job in the industry. Exhausting 4+ hours of interviews. I was supposed to be notified of their decision within two weeks. Six plus weeks and a few emails later, I was informed of what I already knew. The position had been filled. Very bush league, I expected better.

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions. Give me a time when you were put in a difficult position and how did you handle it.   Answer Question