VWR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Excellence Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in a weeks time to schedule an interview. First interview was with the project manager, more technical. After a week I was contacted by the Director of process excellence to schedule a second interview. This interview was more about leadership experience and project management questions.

This was my first interview here in the States and I was quite nervous. Unfortunately I couldn't secure that internship but it taught me a lot. I feel concentrate more on your project management preparation than anything else for this particular role.

Interview Questions

• First interview
      1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What role did you play in your academic projects and how did you execute the plan?
      I dont remember much.

Second interview
      1. When is a process out of control?
      2. 3 important traits in a project manager?
      3. How did you execute your six sigma project?
      4. What tools did you use in the six sigma project?
      5. Conflicts in work place and how did you handle them?
      6. Given a project from start to end how will you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Darby, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VWR (Upper Darby, PA).

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor, got a email to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview I never heard back from them but they sent me two surveys on how it went

Technician, Lab Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview with recruiter in Texas for a position in Jersey using their calendar scheduling system. Times got mixed up, and I was asked to reschedule. When I asked for a reschedule I never heard back and a week later the position was filled, so I never had a chance. Such is life, but I will probably not be applying to this place again.

Senior Specialist - QA Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was three different phone interviews - two were screening type of interviews and one was with 2 difference people from the quality department. Most of teh questions were standard questions and every one was very friendly. The last interview was tough because there were 2 people on the phone, both similar voices and they did not identify them selves before speaking.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would do if you get this position.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was terrible, cookie cutter questions from someone who knew my skills and background. I had already done job several times over and they were looking for someone with a 4 year degree, ANY DEGREE (this doesn't make sense)

Interview Questions

• Give me some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Sales Life Sciences - Pharmaceutical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Great guy. I then met with another sales rep in the Raleigh area to talk about the team and job. I found out a few days later that they had an internal candidate they would be hiring. The experience overall was good, but I believe they knew there was an internal candidate from the beginning and they could have been more upfront with that.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. We really just talked about background, personality, team, and how I would fit into the team and company as a whole.   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I actually interviewed for this position twice, in 2015 and then recently, but with different interviewers. The most recent interviewer was very hard to read and didn't give any feedback (poker face) so it was hard to tell if I should keep talking or shut up. I thought what I was missing the previous year when I applied was sales experience, but turns out they hired someone straight out of grad school with zero sales experience (who quit to go back to the bench). I'm guessing my personality didn't hit the right cords because I felt like I answered his questions well enough, but then again I got zero feedback during or after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a sales rep refused to work with you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (San Bruno, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. The standard resume questions were asked without any curveballs. It just turned out that the position was open for a reason that I won't bother to specify. The job description didn't offer certain information that would have been valuable prior to applying. I won't say it was a waste of time as it was insightful at the end of the day. I will say the people I dealt with were friendly and professional.

Sales Representative - Educational & Medical Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Communicated with a recruiter before having phone conversation with the hiring manager. I left a meeting early to have a phone conversation with hiring manager which turned out to be a waste of time. He said he could only talk for 30 min before another meeting. He spent the majority of the conversation talking about himself. Recruiter later told me that he hired a direct sales rep from within.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you think make a sales professional successful.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

3rd party or central recruiter made first call for the "HR interview". About two minutes in, interviewer described position as "Project Coordinator" officially, but the manager wanted it advertised as a "Project Manager" to attract higher calibre candidates. I said "that's classic bait and switch."

Interview Questions

• Despite the shoddy bait and switch tactic, the recruiter did make it sound solid and progressive, esp for 100 year old outfit.   Answer Question