VWR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone and walked through resume. Talked about previous experiences. It was more of a conversation than an interview. The process was pretty fast. I heard back within less than 1 week.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with two managers and two colleagues in another department, one at a time. All interviewers were professional and split the types of questions asked; I didn't feel like I was repeating myself each time.

Interview Questions

• Standard personality, but also some job related questions to test my knowledge.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (San Bruno, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. The standard resume questions were asked without any curveballs. It just turned out that the position was open for a reason that I won't bother to specify. The job description didn't offer certain information that would have been valuable prior to applying. I won't say it was a waste of time as it was insightful at the end of the day. I will say the people I dealt with were friendly and professional.

Sales Representative - Educational & Medical Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Communicated with a recruiter before having phone conversation with the hiring manager. I left a meeting early to have a phone conversation with hiring manager which turned out to be a waste of time. He said he could only talk for 30 min before another meeting. He spent the majority of the conversation talking about himself. Recruiter later told me that he hired a direct sales rep from within.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you think make a sales professional successful.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

3rd party or central recruiter made first call for the "HR interview". About two minutes in, interviewer described position as "Project Coordinator" officially, but the manager wanted it advertised as a "Project Manager" to attract higher calibre candidates. I said "that's classic bait and switch."

Interview Questions

• Despite the shoddy bait and switch tactic, the recruiter did make it sound solid and progressive, esp for 100 year old outfit.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted one day after submission of application, and I made an appointment for a phone interview for the next day. Initial interview was with a company recruiter and was generic with no detailed questions about scientific knowledge or specific research techniques. Basically, I just answered questions about my background and why sales was a good fit for someone with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a good sales representative.   1 Answer

Better offer from different company.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process. Phone screen the face to face interview. A lot of typical HR type interview questions. I was pleased when it came to salary. HR asked for a range and I gave them one. Said their range was on the upper end of mine. Did a phone interview with hiring manager and asked the salary range and what she gave was lower but right outside the bitten end of my range. Received an offer that was lower than both ranges. I proposed a counter and they came back with a final offer that was still below both ranges. I was not pleased with this.

Trade Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very long process with different departments and multiple people. First I had two interviewed over the phone, then two more in person. Total number of interviewers was six. I didn't expect to get that job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing special   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiations as I was very interested in the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, didn't make me nervous. Extremely open as to what was expected of me and what I expected to gain out of the experience. Offered the ability to move up in the company even thought I declined. Was super quick with a response and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in moving up in the company?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Emeryville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

As a current Sourcing Manager with a major client, I interviewed with VWR Mangers, such as Sourcing, Major Accounts and Operations including my direct manager, Director of Sourcing. There were four phone interviews,as the headquarters of VWR is in Pennsylvania. I was asked about and provide my management style as relates to providing services to Research Departments.

Interview Questions

• Background, how I would contribute to VWR goals and how I would use my skils and background to effectively add value.   Answer Question