VWR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Slides Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VWR (Henrietta, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to schedule an interview that same day. I had a phone interview the following week. I was told that I would hear in the next few days whether or not I would be getting an on site interview. I did not hear anything and followed up with them and was told they were still deciding and "not to worry" - I'd hear back soon. I waited later and still did not hear anything. In the mean time, I had another interview with a different company and ended up accepting that jobs offer. I JUST heard back from VWR a few days ago - Almost 2 months later. Horrible experience, and I am glad I did not go with their company.

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

They would call you if they were interested and you would have a pre-interview to discuss the company and the position. You would also set up an interview time to have over the phone. At the interview I talked to two of the people on my team, one of which was my manager. They asked me questions about my resume and as to why I wanted to work there. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the Linux experience on my resume   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VWR (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well. The HR rep I spoke with was very personable. Also, I do like that they contacted me through email initially. I do not like answering the phone numbers I do not know. This allowed me to think about what they wanted before responding.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about each previous job on my resume. Even dating back 10 years.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VWR (Duluth, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Found the job opening on Monster.com, filled out the application online and submitted my resume for a material handler. I received an email confirmation and then an alert to schedule a phone interview. I followed the steps and had a phone interview within a day or two. During the phone interview, I was asked about my current and past work experience, what set me apart from other applicants and my availability for shifts and interviews in the future. I wasn't able to start right away due to my current job. I did not hear anything back after that.

Life Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked for a phone interview. It was supposed to be 20 - 30 minutes but lasted about half of that. The interviewer seemed disinterested and I felt like she did not know what was on my resume beforehand. She was pleasant but I could tell it was going to be a waste of time for both of us since it was basically just me regurgitating what was already on my resume and this poor lady asking questions she is instructed to ask anyone anyway. I appreciated that it was a phone interview. I could have gone in and spent money on parking in some fancy hotel. At least I found out this company was not going to match my interests and ambition while still in my pajamas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VWR (Suwanee, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called me the next day and talked about the job and company. She then went to ask me interview questions and after told me she would be sending all this to the hiring manager. I never heard back. No email, no call. Nothing!

The recruiter was very pleasant, have no complaints about her. I would just say it'd be nice to heard a rejection email or call than nothing at all!

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      They basically asked normal interview questions nothing too hard to answer.   Answer Question

International Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VWR (Arlington Heights, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Application had to be submitted online. They called me after one week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic going through standard questions and experience. After a week they called back to schedule an in person interview. The second interview was done with two people. The questions were fare more specific for the role but it was a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SAP   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VWR (Radnor, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are strengths? What are your weaknesses? Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?Managers are good at streamlining questions. The questions were basic. They were also to the point and direct. I appreciated the candid and honest opinion of the supervisor interviewing me. The career path was also clear. The manager answered the questions quickly and thoroughly. It was a great explanation of what the company did and where the company is headed. I enjoyed speaking with the manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VWR.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with outsourced HR company. Had applied for open management position but was informed I was more qualified as a 1st line supervisor. A month later I had a second interview with director, manager, and HR Business partner discussed previous experiences, successes, and future goals. Salary negotiation with Director after offer one month later .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long-term hotel residence during training

Interview

HR interview on the phone first, then interview at the branch. Although I was late for 1 hour, they still interview me and I was hired. They asked lots of canned questions and seem to nod at everything I have said. Some people are walking in and out constantly and it is a pretty awkward interview process. I was surprised that I got the offer.