Vacations To Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2016

2.2

Cruise Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume and got a call the next day. We set up an interview. The interview was great and turned into more of a conversation. He asked about my background then let me know he would call me. I got a call within the next few days asking me to come in for a second interview. Once I got there, the guy was so nice but it was more of an informative session and he didn't actually ask me any questions. Then once I got home, I got a call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an aggravated customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. You start off for the first few months at $2000/month + 10% commission. Then after that it goes to no base with 25% commission.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

I sent my resume and got a call a few weeks later. The Hr was very sweet she asked questions about my background, then explained the company. Got a call back for second interview very quick again basic same questions and information

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to deal with a negative situation   Answer Question

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Sent resume in morning and received a call to interview the next day. Met with a very nice HR manager who asked about my background and talked about the company and explained the position, etc. I thought it went very positively, but I did not receive a call for a second interview. I think my sales experience wasn't recent enough. I was disappointed as I think I could have done well with this company and really needed a chance to prove myself.

The interview experience was positive.....the outcome was not. :(

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 interviews in person, They were cordial. After the interviews and testing was told I would be called back never received a call to tell me anything.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working different shifts   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Interview

Two interviews. One with HR and the second with Sales Director (Guy doesn't deserve position). Basic questions regarding sales experience and customer service experience. Quick process after second interview. Got hired and accepted.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview at their Houston office. It went well and they offered me the job by phone a few days later. I was considering another offer at the time and asked for a written offer letter and a few more days to decide. The manager then called me back to say they were withdrawing the offer as they needed someone immediately. I was a new grad and pretty naive at the time, but even then I knew it was a big red flag and very unprofessional.

The offer was rescinded when I asked for a written offer letter and a few more days to decide.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was called within 24 hours and asked to come in for an interview. I did the following Monday. I met with an HR rep, who asked me some questions about my resume and schooling, and then I took an editing test, a writing test, and filled out an actual application. The editing test was printed on a sheet of paper, and you were to edit it with a pencil. You have a word processing document open on the computer in front of you that you are allowed to use (type words into it to see if they are spelled correctly), and you also have a dictionary that you are able to use. The writing test consisted of three questions that you were to write your answers to: what made you a good candidate, if you could travel to any destination, where would it be, and one other.

I was told that I would be contacted at the end of the week and that the next step would be to meet with the Vacations Publications staff. My interview was at the beginning of May, and to date (June 9), I have yet to hear anything back. My emails and calls regarding the position have gone totally ignored. I have no delusions that I will get the job at this point, but I find it VERY unprofessional that the company cannot answer my inquiries, especially considering that I drove 2 hours to participate in this interview.

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through Craigslist. Got a phone call two days later and an interview scheduled the following week. First interview was with head of HR and the second with the head of the foreign language department. Interview was pretty easy, short and straight forward. Got called back two days later. Accepted the job offer. Worked there for a year. Loved it. Left because I had to move out of town.

Interview Questions

• They make you take a writing assignment, which was pretty easy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based salary plus reduced commission for the first three months. Full commission afterwards. Benefits (vision, dental and etc) only come after you spend 6 month with the company. 401K contribution after a year.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was contacted for an interview after submitting my resume via fax to the office manager. The interview was relatively relaxed and the questions were mostly behavioral in nature with some regarding work history. Following the interview, a single page proofreading test was administered consisting mostly of spelling and punctuation corrections. A dictionary was provided and the test was not timed.

Cruise Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vacations To Go (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

2 Interviews, "always get 2 looks at all agents". First interview is with human resources, they determine if you will interview with the director of sales. Nothing difficult, both interviews were very focused on job history and daily activities of past positions. It appeared as if they wanted to determine how well you managed time, dealt with customer concerns as well as what made you successful vs any of your competitors. You will have a writing test to see how you will reply to an interested traveler as well as a math test. Figuring % of commissions to be received, you can use a calculator. Credit & background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the corporate story of your past employer, corporate origin and how you were different vs "brand x"? Expect to be grilled about daily activities and you should be fine.   1 Answer

Was offered another position right after my 2nd interview. Got a call next day from VTG making the offer.