Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.6

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

It was an recorded video interview. You can pause after each question shows up. Each question can only be recorded once except the self introduction. The questions were fairly routine.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you came across a problem and addressed it innovatively   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

1 hour phone interview with some trick questions but also some positive and helpful feedback. Constant reminders to the fact that there were a lot of others applying for the job with potentially more experience and more impressive educational backgrounds. Definitely made me feel insecure at times, but a good learning experience non the less.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out from all the other qualified candidates that have applied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Disjointed - sporadic communication that didn't give many details or allow for questions. Many details were not disclosed. When following up with questions in between meetings seeking more details, replies were scarce. It was an awkward process frankly, didn't feel welcoming.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

All I can say is - RUN. If you're anything like me, you may be reading all the negative reviews for this company and thinking, maybe I'll be different. Maybe it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. But after interviewing, I realized that these reviews were right and I should have listened.

A few weeks after applying, a recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview with one of the managers. I expected this to be much more professional and informational than it was. Rather it was a 10 minute phone call in which the manager asked me maybe one question about myself. It was unprofessional from the very beginning, as someone who is supposed to be in a leadership role was speaking poorly about the other departments and the overall structure of the company. The word "siloed" was used many times. While this initial phone call made me somewhat skeptical, I moved forward with them for a Skype interview.

I interviewed with several different people. Once again, they seemed more concerned with talking about the company and the role, and speaking negatively about the overall relationships amongst departments, than actually taking the time to get to know me and ask me about what I could bring to the table. I had prepared several questions to ask them, and they seemed rather annoyed by that. Honestly I probably had more questions prepared for them than they did for me.

The role they described in the interviews was entirely different than the role they advertised online. What sounded like a mid-level position for someone with 3-5 years of experience, would actually be more appropriate for a recent college graduate. I can only imagine what the pay would be for it.

But it wasn't just the unprofessionalism and unnecessary drama/gossip that left a sour taste in my mouth. After my video interview, I was left with radio silence. I reached out multiple times to the recruiter who I had been in contact with, and got no response. I understand this sometimes happens, but companies should value the time and effort that applicants spend, and respect it enough to send them a simple email about whether or not they are still in the running for the job. For a company that brags about the experience they want to create for their employees and customers, they should maybe start with creating a better interviewing experience for prospective employees.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Flaky. Non-responsive.

The recruiter who called me didn't know anything about the position to which I applied. How was the team structured? What problems was the department trying to solve? Was this a newly created position or a backfill? Every answer was the same "You'd have to speak to the hiring manager." So finally I threw him a softball and asked him something he could answer. "Why do you like working for Vail Resorts?"

The recruiter said he would follow up with me because the hiring team hadn't put together the details of what they were looking for. I left him a voicemail and a follow up email when I didn't hear from him after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Only two:

1. Why do you want to work at Vail Resorts?
      2. What is your salary range?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter - the phone screen went well as my background was closely aligned with the position however the recruiter mentioned that my salary was a bit over where they were and that he would check with the hiring manager. I never heard back even when I frequently reached out to the recruiter. I was warned that they pay on the low side but found it quite annoying they don't even take the time to let me know to move on with my search. Seems like they are a poor org to work and mostly filled with contractors, I'm better off.

Digital Media Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted me by email instructing my to take an online recorded interview. Your allowed to re-record your intro as many times as you want, but when the questions come you only have one shot. But you can take an hour to think of an answer then record (unlimited time).
    I was then invited for an in person interview. I was put in this weird 5x5 room with a big window and one glass wall, kinda felt like a fish tank.
    The interview was very informal, he didn't have questions written down nor did he write down my answers. Typical questions about the position you apply for (read the position advertisement to study up).

I asked how often interns get offered a permanent position... He said never... You have to then reapply for different positions once the internship is up (the internships just a networking opportunity). I wasn't too thrilled with that so I decided not to continue the interview process.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly routine. I applied online and was able to get a call back. I was not able to move forward as the salary requirements were not met. As evident in all Glassdoor reviews, the company does not pay well relative to the market, and my experience with them certainly provided evidence in support of this theory i had prior to interviewing with them. Although i would have loved to live in Colorado, I have no interest in getting underpaid so i had no problem moving on.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly routine. I dominated the interview and was able to answer most HR related questions in my "prepared remarks."   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

It took over 4 months to go through the process. Long gaps between communication but on site interview very professional. After waiting over 2 weeks Management rethought the position and did not make an offer to anyone

Operations Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I had an at home video interview. They display the questions and then you have 3 minutes to record each answer. Second, I went in for an in person 1 hour interview with basic questions. Third, I went in for an in person 4 hour interview and had to speak with 7 different people. They could only schedule me during the day so I had to use PTO from my current job.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks? What if you're working on something very important, and someone else asks you to do something for them? How would you answer?   1 Answer