Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.3

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

very simple process. applied for the position online. received call within one day for an interview. interviewer called at the scheduled time and was very friendly asking basic questions. no intimidation at all.

Interview Questions

• what are your goals with this position   1 Answer

decided that this is not the right time of year to start a new job.

Non-certified Child Care Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call to schedule an interview. Was sent an email and followed the link to schedule. The interviewer called about 5 minutes before the interview was scheduled, but I was waiting on the call. I completed the phone interview, which was a typical phone interview (Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have?). I was told I would here something in 7-10 days. 20 minutes later I got a call about an interview. I informed the lady on the other end that I had just completed an interview and she explained that this was a follow-up interview. She very rudely asked if I wanted to complete the interview or not. I said yes and was informed that they require a Skype interview. I told her that I was unable to do a Skype interview and she said, "Okay, we'll cancel your application," and hung up. I wasted time filling out the application and completing the phone interview, just to have my application cancelled because I live in the boonies and don't have reliable internet access.

Senior Manager Talent Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen and that same week was scheduled for a phone interview with an executive. A week later I had to reach out to the recruiter which I never have had to in my 20 year career. She never responded. Now I have no interest in the company. I am glad I had the poor candidate experience before it turned into a poor employee experience.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief 20 minute interview over the phone. Waiting to hear back to see if another interview is on the horizon. They sent me a link to the benefits page along with a password.

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in August 2016.

Interview

applied online, very easy interview process. Went through phone screening and waited for a call from the hiring manager within a couple of weeks. very nice phone screening interview, easy.

Interview Questions

• what level skier do you consider yourself?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

There was an Initial 20 minute phone screening where I was asked simple questions about the position and myself. At the end of the screening we scheduled a 2nd skype interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What initially attracted you to this position?   Answer Question
    • There are a couple other candidates in the running for this position, what about you makes you the best fit?   Answer Question

Senior Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The timeline was very spread out over the course of 6 weeks. Phone screen, phone call with hiring manager, in person with potential team, then the offer. Process was very personable and lax.

Senior Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Remote, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Pleasant and conversational pre-screen phone interview. Recruiter was prompt, polite, and interested. Initial plan was for a 30 minute screen but we were on the phone for about an hour. She asked roughly 5 or 6 questions of me and then gave me the opportunity to ask her questions I had about the position and culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deliver bad news to an individual or team.   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest success as a manager or change agent?   Answer Question
    • What leadership style do you most closely subscribe to?   Answer Question

Activities Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online through the online portal, a few easy phone calls for interviews, really easy questions just dont say anything stupid, then you will most likely have a job. Good luck.

Virtual Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well put together, the most frustrating part is the questionnaire of which has sill what if scenarios. The process was thorough and quick. At the time they did not have a commission plan, of which was presented to me a few weeks after my employment which was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my prior sales experience   1 Answer