Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

Virtual Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well put together, the most frustrating part is the questionnaire of which has sill what if scenarios. The process was thorough and quick. At the time they did not have a commission plan, of which was presented to me a few weeks after my employment which was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my prior sales experience   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

apply online but the website was kind of difficult to use because it wouldnt let me upload a resume , a phone interview with vail recruiting, then an interview with hiring manager on site

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had an unhappy customer and what you did to resolve the situation and the outcome   Answer Question

Senior Integration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Arvada, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The HR interviewer missed the first 2 scheduled calls, which is never a good sign. People paid enough to care about their duties don't continually miss business appointments. On the 3rd try he kept the appointment, but was 15 minutes late. My take away is that all workflows at Vail Resorts are likely undertaken with the same low level of personal commitment.

Interview Questions

The offered base salary is half of the local fair market compensation. Evidently, the Vail Resorts shareholders do value the integration of their systems, because they do not earnestly support enterprise integration. As such, there is no point to pursuing that objective in the role of Sr Integration Manager. If you are considering working at Vail Resorts, it is advised that you pay close attention to the criticisms on compensation in the reviews, as they are very, very, accurate.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I did not have one, I knew a member of the chef's family so he hired me immidiately. I came into the restaurant sat down and he said he pretty much just wanted to start the hiring process did not ask to see a resume or ask about any experience or qualifications. I feel opportunity is very limited within Vail Resorts and it promotes ruthlessness to get what you want and low employee morale is the norm for all Vail Resort employees.

Interview Questions

• Just wanted to hire immidiatley   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Vail Resorts started off great. I had two phone interviews with Vail Resorts. The first interview was with a recruiter which was basically a nice talk about my past, why I am interested in the company, and what qualified me for the position. The recruiter told me right away that I seemed like a good fit for the position and scheduled another phone interview with the manager.
    The second interview went very well too. I was asked more job specific questions such as describing projects which related to the tasks I would be doing. After a 30 minute talk the manager told me that she had 2 more interviews scheduled and would get back to me with a decision by the end of the week. After 2 weeks I still did not hear from them and tried contacting both, the recruiter and manager and neither one reacted. I tried emailing and calling but was not able to reach anyone. After more than a month (!!!) the recruiter finally wrote a rather impersonal email stating that they found someone else. I understand if there was someone else with better qualifications but they let me wait over a month and also put the job back on their career page. Overall just a very disappointing outcome and very frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      What do you know about Vail Reports?
      Tell me about some of the projects you worked on in the past.
      Do you have any experience in print?   Answer Question

VP-level Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was disjointed and poorly managed. After waiting 7 weeks after my initial application, Vail Resorts' corporate recruiter called me at 6:00 PM on a Sunday, asking me to come in at 9:00 the following morning. He was unable to provide a list of people with whom I would be meeting, which is obviously a major disadvantage while interviewing.

When I arrived at Vail HQ the following morning, I was surprised to learn that I would be interviewing with 8 people, for 7 consecutive hours! No lunch was provided, and I even had to request a pause during one interview for a bathroom break. Mind you, I was interviewing for a corporate-level VP position -- I can only imagine how they treat interviews for lifties, hospitality staff, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you re-imagine your role at Vail Resorts?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Vail, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

I sent in a few online applications and recieved a call back the next business day asking me to schedule an interview in the next two weeks if I could. I interviewed within the week and was told that because I applied so early there would likely be a position open for me during the summer. I was told to wait two weeks and check back. I was handed off to specific hiring managers who decided that I wouldn't be the best fit for their positions.

Interview Questions

• Why am I the best fit to help families plan their trip in Grand Teton National Park?   Answer Question

Race Crew/Race Course Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vail, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Vail, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

In most cases you must have an phone interview with Vail's "Talent Acquisition Group" However I contacted Vail HR to get my prospective supervisor's phone number scheduled an in person interview which allowed me to skip the phone interview. The in person interview with my supervisor did not consist of any difficult questions; mostly just explaining my work experience and snow-sport related experiences.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter calls with 3-5 simple questions like "tell me about a customer service experience" or "tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it". If you pass, they forward your application to the hiring manager who then calls with a follow-up interview and questions similar to those listed above. All focus on customer service and your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Lift Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

Starts as a phone interview from a talent acquisition group, they try to hype up the company and do a decent job. You can interview with the department in person if you're close, but if not they can do Skype interviews. Once offered a position the department sends out updates about housing and snow and stoke factors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you add to react safely to a situation at work.   Answer Question