Vail Resorts Interview Questions in Keystone, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted for about thirty minutes. Phone interviewer will take notes and pass it down to a manager. Depending on how the interview goes, may or may not hear from a manager of the position applying for. If you seem like a good fit for the position, a manager will call to schedule an in person interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO).

Interview

Applied online through VR job website.
    Received a screen interview from corporate recruiter.
    Was given wrong compensation information for position (by $22K!)
    Passed along for phone interview with hiring manager. Standard behavioral questions.
    Was called to do a face to face a day after the interview.
    Came in for a face to face - met with hiring manager and then department.
    The interview was very informal. No one had reviewed my resume before hand so questions were pretty simple - i.e. tell us about your experience, why do you want to work here... nothing that was challenging.
    Was offered the job the following week via phone call.

Interviewer attire was mountain casual - jeans, button downs, snow boots. So keep that in mind when getting dressed - no suits! And if interviewing in the winter, you'll most likely be walking through snow so wear appropriate footwear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much beyond a thousand or two. They push the benefit of living in a mountain town and the once in a lifetime experience as offsetting a higher pay.

Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

five in person interviews with department head, HR specialist, GM, and regional manager. Myself and 5 other candidates did rotational 1:1 interviews until the we all spoke to each person. 45 minutes each per interview. questions were all over the board on what was asked. Some were operations based.

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

just applied on Vail resorts.com, got a call from a girl who recommend what job I should apply for. Got a call from a manager later that week, had 2 face to face interviews and was given a starting date

Interview Questions

• Just asked me a bunch of personal questions about past jobs and past skills i used, didnt really give me any brain busters   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews--one with HR, the other with a department manager.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions--"Name me a time (in your past expereince)when you disagreed with your supervisor..what happened and how was it resolved.."..questions similar to that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation--flat (low) rate--take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Asked a lot of what would you do in the situation, or tell me about a time questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online and went through a quick phone interview. Told me they'd call me back the next day but it actually ended up taking about 4 days to get an in person interview. Be persistent or they are likely to forget about you. Once I got to the in person interview they asked really basic questions about my background and why I would be a good fit. Asked for a few examples of my work history and what I would like about working there. Nothing too difficult and no off the wall questions mostly just stuff from a script.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work nights, weekends, and all major holidays?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, they have no room to give you anything but an existing position and pay. They have a preset offer already decided and if you don't take it you don't get the job.

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a simple process, almost too simple. I applied in the office, they called me a few weeks before ski season and I interviewed. They asked questions about how good I was with kids and leading groups, but nothing about how I could ski. They said they could teach me to ski if I didn't know, but kid-friendly people were harder to come by.