Vail Resorts Ski Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vail Resorts Ski Instructor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.0

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in August 2016.

Interview

applied online, very easy interview process. Went through phone screening and waited for a call from the hiring manager within a couple of weeks. very nice phone screening interview, easy.

Interview Questions

• what level skier do you consider yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vail Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Truckee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Truckee, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I think I had one interview, with my direct superior. I had a recommendation from two people within the company as well, so that helped. Vail will hire you even if you can't ski. They're the best ski education organization in the world, so they can teach anyone how to ski and how to teach skiing. It probably lasted 10 minutes. Super easy going, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been skiing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Turned in resume with cover letter and answered some short essays online. After a few weeks they called for a 1st interview. This was an interview with a corporate person to screen all employees. After this there was a second interview with the actual hiring manager at the ski school. They interview and hire a lot of people, so the process felt pretty automated but was fine.

Interview Questions

• What level of skiier are you?   1 Answer

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

I applied with no experience and got declined, then I applied for the college internship program and got accepted to the same position.
    Phone interview with HR rep, very nice asking my experience with skiing where, how long, experience with kids, experience with leadership.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work in harsh conditions, changing drastically at a moments notice? Describe your experiences working with kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Vail, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Vail, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Vail Resorts Corporate Office contacted me within one day of submitting my application for a preliminary interview. We were able to schedule another interview with the head of the department I was applying to within the week. To be honest the reason I wound up working for Vail and not another ski resort was because of their timely interview process. I was offered a job and arranged to move before any other resorts even contacted me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your students was falling asleep during the lesson?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northstar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Northstar, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was supposed to do a group interview, which were conducted every half hour all day with different groups, but I was a bit late and got a private interview. He asked me about past jobs, ski experience, and availability. He really liked my resume and personality and hired me on the spot. He then told me about how I was going to, not possibly, get my instructing certification which gave me a $5 per hour raise and better classes all around. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• He asked my why I thought I'd be a good instructor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

It was on the phone and online they are pretty easy to get hired, they are always short staffed. General straightforward process. Spoke with my future supervisor during the initial interview. After offer and acceptance of job over initial phone interview, everything else was waiting for HR to get all the paperwork done

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a ski instructor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Truckee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Truckee, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview only. They wanted to make sure that I had some experience with kids and on the snow. It could have been skiing or snowboarding. They offered lessons at the beginning of the winter if I was not an advanced skier. After the phone interview there was no more interviews, just a physical fitness test which was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with working with kids?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Breckenridge, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Breckenridge, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Apply online hope for a callback do a phone interview take background test get in person interview if hired required to do a basic training/ skiing evaluation. Personality more important than skiing skills. Lots of steps but it is a fairly straightforward. Season determines chance of hiring

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a snowsports instructor   1 Answer

Negotiation

Experience (time, certification) helps with pay but it is all standardized.

Anonymous Employee in Truckee, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Truckee, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief and detailed enough so that both parties understood the demands and opportunities. Traditionally it starts with a phone screen, then 1 on-site and then followed by an acceptance call. In some cases during hiring events, there are group interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were skiing in a line with your class, would you ski in front or in back?   Answer Question