Valassis Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was with 2 directors. Then follow up was with my direct supervisor. Process was pleasant and they were back with me with next steps and a decisions very quickly. They do require a complete background check and a drug test- neither of which was an issue with me. The interviewers were all very nice, no trick questions just want to be sure its the right fit for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current employer and seeking a role at Valassis?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Valassis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (Deerfield, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I received an e-mail from Talent acquisition dept. about relevant opening with attached employment form to be filled & reverted. After submission they called up as I was short listed for first round i.e. Telephonic.

It happened next week only with prior fixed schedule & questions asked were mix of Behavioral & Sales related. But interviewer was accommodating and patient. Few are

Tell us about your latest work experience & job?
    Best achievements till date in your life time?
    What are your greatest strengths which helped in your employment?
    Have you studied about this company?... etc

After this there was Personality test to be taken & Panel Interview was suggested.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valassis in August 2010.

Interview

Posted my resume on the corporate website. Received a call a few day later. Interviewed with: the HR manager, department manager, department supervisor, and regional manager(speaker phone) all at the same-time(4 on 1). It seemed very intimidating at first, but I relaxed quick. They asked basis questions about my resume. Not too hard. They asked a few open ended questions to which I whipped-up nice sounding answers. Overall not tough at all.
    Later the HR manager told me I asked too many questions(playfully). The interview took exactly 1 hour.
    As always in any interview, ask a lot of questions(don't forget to ask them to describe the position in detail!).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Looking back, I should have asked for more. But, I must admit, I will move soon to something better when the market picks-up.