Valassis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valassis Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.1

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valassis.

Interview

started with a phone call to gain information about myself and what i could and would do in certain situtaions and to see what my background was all about if i fit the company mold.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valassis (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Standard. Initial Call to interview 1 on 1 with Sales Manager, then panel interview. with three in management. Drug Screen was requested, and Background Check prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard, noting out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Client Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis in November 2017.

Interview

Talk about background , education. Work experience. They told me about the company culture. Asked me about my goals and where I wills like to be in the next few years.

Interview Questions

• They told me they would get back with Me in 3-5 days. It ended up being three weeks. They declined me on a Friday night at Midnight. Very unprofessional company.   Answer Question

Networking Event Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valassis.

Interview

I was invited to an event locally to meet with key leaders , the Talent Acquisition Team and peers for an evening of food and discussion. I was blown away by the energy and enthusiasm of the organization. I was hesitant to attend because most of these end up being a waste of time but I must say Valassis proved me wrong! I had a direct line of contact with the recruiters and the TA Manager and was blown away. AWESOME event and worth my time.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a job?   1 Answer

Client Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valassis.

Interview

I received a phone call saying the confused my resume with some else with the same name. They asked questions then and asked for me to come in for an interview. She said she send me a calendar invite the next day. I didnt receive the invite and sent an email to check in. A week goes by and they send out an email to see why I haven't answered the calendar invite (I still haven't received one at the point). Six minutes later comes the invite.

The interview was typical, 30-45 minutes. I stayed to do an internal assessment which roughly was an hour. When I was done, walking to the door asked when I might hear either way... 48-72 hours. A week goes by and I email to check in just so I know I didn't get it, the email that I was corresponding to never said a word. I understand I might not be what you were looking for, but a firm no would be nice. Especially after spending a couple hours there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a situation which you had communicate that they were doing something wrong   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone call then a 3 hour assessment followed by 2 separate interviews. Not well coordinated and very slow process although they claim it moves quickly.

Don't waste your time unless you're passionate or desperate to work for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied back in a February, and got a phone call in May. It started off with a phone interview. Then I had an in-person interview. It took over 4 hours. They started off with a small introduction about the company, then asked a series of behavioral questions, then I took exams, and then continued with the interview asking more behavioral questions and questions about my background / experiences. I was tired by the end of the day, because I felt like there was no break. They said they'd follow up with me within a week on next steps moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Too many behavioral questions. A lot of them were things I've never experienced before.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valassis (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

They use behavioral interviewing questions and have a very specific type of personality that they tend to look for with their hiring process . Met with multlple people and with my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had opposition to an idea and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

I was first interviewed on the phone with someone from HR. I was then interviewed by my immediate sales director. One week after that, a panel of various sales team members all met with me. The panel was the most intimidating.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my flaws.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation regarding my salary. Looking back, I wish I had opened a discussion about the pay and yearly raises. It was a fairly easy process but the panel was intimidating.

National Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valassis in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the company recruiter who was very nice and professional. I did well enough to take an assessment which took about an hour of my time. I heard back from the recruiter who said I did extremely well, but they are considering other candidates and not moving forward at this point. Wait, did I just hear what just happened? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and they wasted my time with this assessment. I am speechless! Then I was told they have been having trouble filling this position and they even have had multiple recruiters working on the position. Sounds like the sales manager does not trust the recruiters judgment whom they are presenting.