Valassis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valassis (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

They use behavioral interviewing questions and have a very specific type of personality that they tend to look for with their hiring process . Met with multlple people and with my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had opposition to an idea and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (North Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

I was first interviewed on the phone with someone from HR. I was then interviewed by my immediate sales director. One week after that, a panel of various sales team members all met with me. The panel was the most intimidating.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my flaws.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation regarding my salary. Looking back, I wish I had opened a discussion about the pay and yearly raises. It was a fairly easy process but the panel was intimidating.

National Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valassis in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the company recruiter who was very nice and professional. I did well enough to take an assessment which took about an hour of my time. I heard back from the recruiter who said I did extremely well, but they are considering other candidates and not moving forward at this point. Wait, did I just hear what just happened? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and they wasted my time with this assessment. I am speechless! Then I was told they have been having trouble filling this position and they even have had multiple recruiters working on the position. Sounds like the sales manager does not trust the recruiters judgment whom they are presenting.

Client Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valassis (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call, panel interview, assessment. It was a long process, but questions were not hard. You just have to be confident. The process took like 3 weeks in total

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based interviews, first round with supervisors, job shadows and aptitude testing in excel and proofing, interview with senior leader and offer to follow. Behavioral based questions were used and I had prepared for that. First reviewed resume and then went into the behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and what you did to solve it   Answer Question

Associate Targeting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Office Interview. Got to meet with Associates before the interview which helped me understand the role more also it eased the nerves. Everyone was very friendly I also liked the office environment. I got the interview after attending a Valassis event. They do a good job to make sure everyone applying for the role is confident that they want to work at Valassis and love what they do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use huge amounts of data and arrived at a conclusion (don't remember exactly)   Answer Question

Client Coordinator Interview

Interview

Very disorganized staff. I applied for the position and was contacted to schedule a phone interview, but there was a scheduling mistake so my interviewer never called. She contacted me later and asked me to email her times I could reschedule, and I sent them to her but never received a response. I followed up via email again and received a phone call from someone else in the company letting me know I needed to take an online assessment that they would email me a link to. Of course, I didn't receive the email with the assessment link. I opted not to follow up again, not really a company I'd want to work for.

Client Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially the process was long, didn't hear back for two months. However, once contact was made the interview process took two weeks: phone and two in-person interviews. All interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions. Advice would be to watch your phrasing for they pay close attention to word choice and will question if something is too passive or irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you encountered miscommunication in the workplace and what was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled and I never heard from my interviewer. I called her and she mixed the dates up and rescheduled. On the rescheduled day I still did not hear from her. I've left voicemails and emails and I'm failing to get a response. Why would you even contact me for an interview in the first place? I took time off work and this is very frustrating and unprofessional.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (Livonia, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiting company about interviewing for the position. They sent my resume over to valassis and I got a call back the same day to setup a f2f interview. I had my interview with the hiring manager and 2 people from the team. It went pretty well. Basically just asked about my education and job experience. Then they gave me a tour of the building. About a week later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I went through a recruiter, I didn't really have to do any negotiation. They asked me what i wanted before i interviewed and they gave it to me