Valassis Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valassis Sales Executive Interview Questions

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valassis.

Interview

Very drawn out, had to meet with a few current sales executives and then a lot of back and forth with hiring manager. The first was a phone conversation with hiring manager, then an in-person interview followed by a few current employee conversations.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valassis

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very thorough at Valassis, which is a good thing. This makes it more likely that there will be a good fit between the company and the new hire. The interview process consisted of several steps (at least five) in different formats, including one to one, a panel interview with at least 3-4 interviewers, and a presentation to the person who ultimately became my boss.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any one question that was difficult or unexpected. Most of the questions were very standard. What made the interview more difficult was the sheer number and variety of interviews and people I met with.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Valassis in April 2013.

Interview

Initially meet with HR, phone interview with director and then VP and/or EVP
    Usually takes 4-6 weeks
    It is not unusual for a candidate to make it all the way to EVP level and not get approved to hire

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from overcoming objections at previous positions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valassis (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I knew someone in the company that recommended me. I interviewed with 2 mid-level managers in person.
    Interview was informal/conversational. Focused mostly on experiences in the industry and client contacts.
    My case may have been more informal due to my internal sponsorship

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your typical sale, size timing, level engaged at client, etc   1 Answer
    • What clients have you worked with in your past positions and who do you know there? The Rolodex question   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nice people with a sense of fairness. Little room to negotiate. They will bring a fair offer. You can negotiate vacation time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valassis (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Nice interview with Sales Manager. Thought there ws a good rapor between us. She wanted me to follow up in one week. Follwed up as suggested. Phone calls and emails sent to find out the status of the postion. She never got back to me. Rude.

Interview Questions

• Did your former surpervisor ever suggest that you were doing something wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question