Valen Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valen Enterprises Interview Questions

2.7

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

What a fun day! I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience with Valen. My first interaction with Audrey was personal, pleasant and informative. I then met with a manager named Victoria, her energy was infectious as she spoke about the opportunities within the company; it was relaxed but professional.
    I was invited back for a second round interview, I thought that Audrey and Victoria maybe just had upbeat and outgoing personalities, but the energy continued the entire day with other members- I could tell it wasn't the typical sales and marketing setting. We saw some follow up appointments in the morning and met with new accounts and businesses in the afternoon, one of which even giving us ice cream for helping her out- WIN/WIN in my book. Regardless if they give me a call back or not, i thought the full day was a great way to experience not only the work but the culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What was your best subject in school? What are some of your hobbies? If you had to throw an employee appreciation event, what would you do for the team?   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was nothing short of intensive with the second round consisting of a full day spent with a team member. Although it was helpful to see into the work the company expects you to do, it is a bit overwhelming for the purposes of interviewing. Overall, not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people can't tell about you upon first meeting?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard first interview. I was asked all of the typical questions: what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. Once I learned more about the position I was instantly turned off. I have applied and interviewed for at least 5 jobs like this and have finally learned my lesson. They always make it sound like its a great marketing job or something but it's always going out and cold calling on businesses. No thanks.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Seemed as if it was an assembly line process. They ran you through as fast as possible. When you called to check on the status or decisions of the interview and left a message for them to return your call, they did not even have the common courtesy to do so.

Interview Questions

• What are people's first impression of you?   1 Answer

Mar 3, 2016 – Managing Partner

Hello, we apologize if you felt a lack of personal connection. Our culture thrives on our ability to build great relationship and come through on our word so it would never be intentional to make ... More

Lead Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call about two days after applying for the position. It was simple questions just asking about myself and how I could fit in the company. I went down to Austin for an interview with Victoria and she was absolutely awesome. The questions were pretty typical. I will say if you want to work in a traditional work setting this is not the place for you! Valen is very unique and modern which is one of the reasons that drew me to the company.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the company? Are you sports-minded? What leadership skills do you have? What is the biggest misconception about you?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview the next day, and was called in for the first in person interview the same week. I interviewed with Victoria and a manager based out of Ohio who was visiting for the week. They were very candid and asked questions to make sure it was the right fit. I was invited back for a second interview, which lasted from 9:00 am - 6:30 pm. In this second interview, I shadowed two employees on their "T" (route) for the day. At lunch, the senior employee broke down the pay scale and the way to move up.
    Honestly, I see why they interview the way they do and the way they have their business structured. However, the work as a salesman first aspect was not a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funding, what business would you start?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time on providing your feedback! We agree the transparency of our interview process ensures that both parties are finding the right fit for them. While sales isn't the ending ... More

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a three-step process:
    1. Brief phone screening
    2. Brought in for a standard interview at the office a couple days later
    3. The next day you would go out with employers for a "hands-on" interview process to see how the company functions. However, it is the entire day aka 8-10 hours of going to business to sell t-mobile contracts.

Leadership Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I didn't actually remember directly applying to the company. I was contacted and told that zip recruiter had thought based off my resume it might be a match-- and Im so glad they did! I had a lovely experience the entire way. I was a little lost and the HR team was nothing but helpful, I was greeted immediately with a great handshake and smile. I see some complained about the music- I thought it was a delightful change of pace from some of the other company's i've been interviewing with! Not to mention and beautifully decorated space. I can tell they care due to the level of thought put into the lobby and office spaces.
    Victoria the manager's energy was CONTAGIOUS. Sure they were a bit behind schedule, 15 mins or so, but she had this aura during the interview that you could just tell she was passionate about the company, the growth, and the team.
    The second was brilliant. I went out with a team member for a full day of observation and it flew by, it was fun and I was attracted to the variety I could potentially have in my day

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What interested you in our firm?
      What are you looking to achieve in your next role?
      Describe the best boss you've ever had?
      What frustrates you?
      Answer Question

Feb 24, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you! We love when we are matched with a candidate and get to experience a potential match we might have otherwise not had the opportunity to meet. Although it didn't seem to turn into an offer ... More

Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They called me within 24 hours of me submitting my resume to schedule an interview. I had an appointment at 12 and when I walked in there was dubstep playing so loud you couldn't even hear your own thoughts. There was also 2 other people waiting for interviews. Apparently the two girls Kaley and Caroline who scheduled the interviews had a "last minute" meeting, so there was another girl (I forget her name) conducting the interviews. Because of this they were running about 30 minutes behind. Basically, this position is door to door sales and/or cold calling, which is not how it is advertised on their job descriptions. They offered me a second round interview and I declined. Not for me.

Interview Questions

• They ask you the generic questions: name strengths/weaknesses, are you more of a leader or support role, etc   Answer Question

Nov 3, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience. Unfortunately, yes, the HR team had a developmental meeting that took their schedule at an unexpected time and management had to ... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valen Enterprises (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was just a introduction into the company. Next interview was in person. Waited about an hour and they were still behind. With two other people ahead of me waiting two hours already. I decided to leave because they should learn to reschedule or keep everyone updated if this problem happens. Didn't see any information about the company in their lobby or anything. Didn't think the process was worth my time if they didn't tell me straight forward what the position is about.

Interview Questions

Valen Enterprises Response

Sep 23, 2015 – Managing Partner

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unexpected delay you might have encountered with us. We did recently have one of our three HR members out due to an unforeseen personal ... More