Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 186 of over 186 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valero Energy

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

Great interview, very comfortable, interviewers very knowledgable and are there to answer any and all questions. Explain in detail of what the job entails on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work overtime?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Very smooth process. I was interviewed by 3 professional managers. They were very polite , friendly and straight forward. Interview took about 45 minutes to an hour. My process took about 4 months from applying to starting .

Valero Energy

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

I got the interview by showing up to my school's in person job fair and bringing up distillation columns. Within a couple days, I got an interview request through email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you displayed unusually high regard for safety.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Ames, IA) in Feb 2022

Interview

First in person then phone interview, both interviewers were personable and nice people. They got back to me very quick and HR department was also very helpful. Interview questions were very similar for both interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a time where you had to apply safety knowledge.

Valero Energy

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valero Energy in Feb 2022

Interview

About an hour and half long interview. Got to meet the team and conversation was good. They asked some formal questions but also asked genuine follow up questions. They were really focused on wanting a computer science, coding, analytics experienced student.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Benicia, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

interviewed with a panel and they asked star style questions. situation. task. action. result. Be a good story teller, without giving them a life story. short sweet and to the point.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

Had three of their attorneys interview me. Was pretty much a simple conversation about my interest and academics. No curveballs. They were definitely interested in law students with some background in energy and/or environmental law. Were happy to hear about my experience in the ESG field and were interested in my current research project and the associated work.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me why you chose your particular law school; and why law school in general?

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

Very easy and direct. Communication and accommodations were very amazing. Water provided and plenty information on pay and company benefits that most companies do not offer during interview process. Great company to interview for.

Interview Questions
  • Typical industry questions that most companies ask

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

In-person interview, post-career fair. Consisted of questions pertaining to educational and work history, along with personality questions. Lasted about 30-35 minutes, and was fairly standard. My interviewer was friendly and discussed the values of the company to ensure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that you had conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve that conflict?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 186 Interviews

Valero Energy Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Valero Energy as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern - Hourly and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Cashier roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Valero Energy takes an average of 30 days when considering 191 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Process Operator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 67 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Valero Energy according to 191 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.29%