Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 162 of over 162 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valero Energy

Featured Interview

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

First round was telephonic followed by a video call. Last round was onsite and everything went very smoothly. I liked their office, people who interviewed me. I accepted the offer and started working for them.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my Previous experience
    Answer Question

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

Passed the test it was extremely difficult only 30 questions with 15 minutes to complete each section! Currently waiting on my interview wish me luck! Should have an update by the end of the month!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

The process went smoothly and was well structured. I was impressed by the manner in which it was conducted and it was a great learning experience. It didn't feel in any way interrogative and the questions were well thought out. It made things comfortable on my end.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to overcome a difficult obstacle

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Austin, TX)

Interview

Asks many behavioral questions revolving around teamwork and cooperation. All behavioral questions and to basically walk through your resume. Then at the end it is opened up for you to ask questions after it is mainly you talking the whole time.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

Round 1) interview with supervisors in the field Round 2) interview with manager and director in the field On site interviews. HR will take you for a tour. It was a great process.

Interview Questions
  • Basic introduction. What do you know about Valero. Long-term goal

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

The interview process was friendly and straight forward. Most interviews were held at HQ, but some were held via video call due to COVID-19. The HR managers were very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

They contacted me 2 days after I applied to schedule an interview which, we did then the hiring manager had to reschedule the interview 3 times! When he finally found a time to interview me, he was very nervous kept talking for 25 minutes about this job. I felt I was the hiring manager not him, I could tell he wasn’t having it and he didn’t do many interviews in his short career. All the sudden a young guy with little experience interviewing someone who worked for top 3 companies in this industry.

Interview Questions
  • The guy didn’t let me answer his 2 questions and he couldn’t be quiet to hear my answers.

Valero Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

I had to do two Interviews in which I answered Behavioral Based questions. They were regular behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. At the beginning there were introductions and at the end there was time for questions

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work with Valero?/ What do you know about Valero?

Valero Energy

Application

I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

In total there were 3 steps in the interview process. Phone call, video call, and then an in person interview. No difficult questions really more to gauge how you will fit with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why did you leave your previous position?

Valero Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview

Very organized and considerate. Interviewed during Covid-19, so we all sat away from each other. I had 5 supervisors interviewing me, each one took turns asking questions. Gave a great overview of the company to start.

Interview Questions
  • Standard Tell me about a time questions. Very Safety oriented.
3 people found this interview helpful