Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter came to my college career fair and got chosen for the interview the next day. Really laid back interview, just asked basic interview questions and reviewed my resume. Interview lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Fairly Relaxed and typical behavioral questions, the interviewer was very engaged about telling me the details of the position and about getting to know me. This was a very enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a goal you didn't meet and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Stillwater, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was not intimidating, mostly informative. Kind interviewers. Follow up is hard, they do not respond. I interviewed over 6 weeks ago and have not heard anything back yes no or otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you saw something unsafe, what did you do, what resources did you use to solve the issue.   Answer Question

Interview

It was very easy going. The person who interviewed me was patient and understanding. He made the interview process go very smoothly. When I appeared obviously nervous, he told me to relax because not long ago he was in my shoes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to address a safety issue.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

The Valero interview was a series of behavioral questions. There was three people on the interview panel. It was a Human Resources , Production supervisor,and manager. The questions are to answered in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Have you received an offer yet?   1 Answer

Systems Control Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager. It was pretty late in the semester (early April) so something must've happened like an intern declined last minute. I had another offer that I had to decide on in one week so they got back to me in that time.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Submitted application then received a call from HR to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen an interview was then scheduled with 1-6 employees from the department. The interview process took about two hours which was understandable since there were 2 different groups who interviewed at different times. Easy process overall but not as easy as other interviews I've had. Also, I must say everyone was really friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at Valero? What do you know about the position you applied for? Can you tell me about yourself? Why are you planning to leave your present job?   Answer Question

Associate Plant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

The Engineering Manager from the site calls you. They ask you a series of questions, which weren't behavioral questions. Usually they are. The questions were like what do you know about our site? Could tell me about your work experience and what you did there? Why do you feel this position is good fit for you? The interview was easy going, nothing technical related.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Texas City, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Took the pre employment assessment and was invited for an interview within 3 weeks. There were 3 operators and an hr rep on the panel. All behavioral based questions utilizing the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Texas City, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 operators and an HR representative. They went by a sheet with a list of behavior based questions. After it was all finished, they ask if you have any questions for them, then they go by the same yes or no questions from the application. It was a fairly easy interview...the everyone was very nice an made the interview process very comfortable and without to much stress.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond your required duty and the outcome of it...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.