Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2018

2.8

Senior SAP Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy in April 2018.

Interview

Too much technical , Very slow , interviewer was not performed to judge what they need instead interviewer was trying to show his manager what he knows by confusing the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Technical Stuff about SAP .   1 Answer

Marketing and Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a phone interview about a week later. The interview was only about 20 minutes and a lot of the questions were "tell me about a time" based.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and efficient. They asked questions regarding my college experience and what exactly can I offer for the company in this position. Vice versa, I asked them questions regarding this position that they seemed to answer in a concise manner.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

The interview was done over two phone calls. The first phone call was about general questions about my resume and my work experiences. The second phone call was purely behavioral and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• How would I react if I saw a coworker behaving in an unsafe manner?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy. However, the company kept probing me for salary information from my employer at the time and made me very uncomfortable. In the end, Valero said they would get back with me in 2 weeks but never did. Very unprofessional. If Valero treats you like this in an interview, do you think they will treat you any better as an employer? It was a blessing in disguise as I was given nice job offers from their direct competitors.

Interview Questions

• What salary do you make? What salary do your peers make? What salaries do your employees make?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair, get response after few days. I interviewed in the university of Arizona. The interview was about 40 min long, and it was more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• tells us about a time where you work in a team?   Answer Question
    • tells us about a time where you did something ahead of your team?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I was contacted by HR the morning after submitting an application online, and a phone interview was scheduled for the following week with the hiring manager. I was contacted a couple of days after the phone interview in order to schedule an on-site. The on-site was a thirty minute interview where about five people asked you generic behavioral questions. It was very impersonal and rehearsed. No plant tour was offered. I was taken to lunch where I had to be polite during some very inappropriate conversation. I have always felt confident and relaxed during the interview process, but this was extremely unpleasant. One of the interviewers was discussing some fairly vulgar things to the point that I would not feel safe working with this person. I have talked about this interview with other people who are hiring managers and engineers, and they also voiced their concerns about how inappropriate and unprofessional it was. I removed my application from consideration due to the negative experience. I was told I would be contacted for a final decision within a week, but even after removing my application, they still contacted me about two months later to tell me I did not receive the job.

Refinery Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Texas City, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an assessment test, passed the assessment and got invitation for interview. Interview was based on behavioral questions was was done by 4 managers. The interview was pretty easy, the interviewers explained before hand the manner in which they expected the questions to be answered- STAR approach.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you noticed a safety issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Lab Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Three Rivers, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the Lab Manager, Lab Supervisor, and an HR Rep. First, they asked general questions about me and about my background. Then they asked a series of behavioral and situational questions. After they were finished with questions, they opened to floor for me to ask any questions about the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What was one dangerous situation you have been involved with in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter came to my college career fair and got chosen for the interview the next day. Really laid back interview, just asked basic interview questions and reviewed my resume. Interview lasted about 30 min.