Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Maintenance Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Ardmore, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to on site interview show interview personal all license required for job . I have to be most qualified can not get any more in this state. Was asked a bunch of question that didn't have anything too do with job. How old are you, What your best accomplishment in life, Are you willing to help teach other employees if they need help.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I have in welding and how many different test you have to take and pass 7   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Would I move to be local in the area   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Submitted application then received a call from HR to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen an interview was then scheduled with 1-6 employees from the department. The interview process took about two hours which was understandable since there were 2 different groups who interviewed at different times. Easy process overall but not as easy as other interviews I've had. Also, I must say everyone was really friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at Valero? What do you know about the position you applied for? Can you tell me about yourself? Why are you planning to leave your present job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2012.

Interview

you go to any valero location and ask for a application and they give you one then you fill it out and turn it back in then you wait til they call you then they tell you that you have an interview on this date and you show up looking professional.

Compliance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The site interview process takes a half Day and is fairly intense. You will meet with around 15 people derived from up and across the organizational chart. In my case, I began my interview with the vice president in charge of the compliance department before meeting with subordinate staff. Around the middle of the day, I met with senior vice presidents, bosses to the vice president I met in the morning. After the interview, your sponsor, most likely the one you phone interviewed with, will take you to lunch. Following lunch, you will meet with the VP of HR for a brief of the benefits.

All interview questions are behavioral. Most interviewers possessed a pleasant demeanor and were easy to talk too. In my case, one interviewer was designated as the "bad cop" to ask the more acerbic interview questions such as "what makes you so special?" etc..

Valero has no training program that I can ascertain so they are interested in people who can hit the ground running. In the interviews, they basically want you to flesh out your resume with details and provided further details of your experience. They also want you to convey to them what you can do for the company to meet the objectives laid out in the job description that you applied for. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• As you can see, Valero is a great company with top people. Why should I hire you? What makes you so special?   Answer Question
    • I see that you have been looking for work for awhile (5 months). What's wrong? What is going on there?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy (College Station, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three people from three different locations. Asked five behavioral questions and a couple technical questions. Environment and vibe of the interview was very serious, recruiters were not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a commitment but could not keep it.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paulsboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Paulsboro, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

Had several interviews with all upper management also had to complete several tests

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following situation: You and your supervisor are not agreeing on a path forward what would you do.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered a salary and bonus options

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy in September 2013.

Interview

Extremely uncomfortable interview. They were working in short blocks of time and made you feel extremely rushed. The man interviewing seemed completely uninterested in my resume as he began firing off behavior based questions off of a pre made template. The questions bounced around and were completely unrelated to each other. A few of the questions required such specific answers that I am not sure how anyone was able to answer them. The man acted like he did not even want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me in great detail about a time when you were unclear of the instructions given to you.   1 Answer

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Three Rivers, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Three Rivers, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Prescreening by HR personnel followed by phone interview by hiring manager then invited to the refinery for onsite interview and facility tour. After onsite interview, received email asking to complete three 200 question Hogan assessments. Apparently, I was a strong candidate but took 16 days before I heard I was 'no longer being considered'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were working on a team and things didn't go as expected and how did your correct it?   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Submitted my resume in a career fair, was interviewed by a group of engineers in the refinery.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 10 questions starting with the phrase: "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the job fair. I was contacted a few days later for an interview, and be ready to get some ask behavioral questions. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years,   1 Answer