Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

On site full day interview consisted of: HR and manager generic questions; one-on-one experience discussion with others in the department; interview with plant manager; interview with department head; lunch; tour; review of benefits with HR. Heard back after a few weeks, after other candidates were interviewed, with an offer. Very friendly, comfortable positive experience. Pre-employment process was thorough: back ground check, drug test, and work history verification.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great offer, no need.

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me on campus. They asked me standard questions and one "technical" question that just tested my critical thinking. There was no right answer to the question; the interviewers just wanted to see what kinds of ideas we could come up with. The interviewers were very amiable and graciously answered all my questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you struggled with something, and how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with an engineer from a local refinery. He looked through a copy of my resume that he had on file and asked me about my listed work experience and my 2nd degree student status. He also asked 4 or 5 typical behavioral interview questions. This meeting took about 45 minutes. I also met with an HR representative who showed me a company promotional video and answered questions for about 10 minutes in a separate office, after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the classes you enjoyed the most, and disliked the most.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

This was simple for me because I was out of state. All I had to do was answer a phone interview it only took an hour or so of my time.

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Cleveland, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I turned my application in to another Gas Station Attendant and after a few days got a call to come interview. The manager was nice, I could tell she looked at my entire appearance and I was glad I had gotten my nails done.

Data Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an onsite interview two weeks after the telephonic round. Very few technical questions and more if behavioral questions. it was a great experience to visit their facility and know more about the job. But unfortunately received an email 10 days later saying that I have not been selected.

Maintenance Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Ardmore, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to on site interview show interview personal all license required for job . I have to be most qualified can not get any more in this state. Was asked a bunch of question that didn't have anything too do with job. How old are you, What your best accomplishment in life, Are you willing to help teach other employees if they need help.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I have in welding and how many different test you have to take and pass 7   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Would I move to be local in the area   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, then received a call a week later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with the hiring manager and 2 days later was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the job fair. I was contacted a few days later for an interview, and be ready to get some ask behavioral questions. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years,   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

I met with recruiters at a university career fair and within two weeks I had an interview at my college campus. The interview process surprised me due to the lack of technical questions. It focused on team work and behavioral solutions. I had an offer within a week. I appreciated that they knew what they were looking for in an intern.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about how you handle disagreements on a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation