Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the job fair. I was contacted a few days later for an interview, and be ready to get some ask behavioral questions. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years,   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

I met with recruiters at a university career fair and within two weeks I had an interview at my college campus. The interview process surprised me due to the lack of technical questions. It focused on team work and behavioral solutions. I had an offer within a week. I appreciated that they knew what they were looking for in an intern.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about how you handle disagreements on a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Amarillo, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very well done. Took a little longer to hear back than one would like but over all it was a pleasant experience. I filed out the application and submitted my resume and reference letters online. Everything moved pretty smoothly just a little slow.

Interview Questions

• immediate and longterm goals   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career fair in month of March. After a week got called in for face-to-face interview and later less than a week got the offer. Simple hiring process.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I applied online to the posted job and was contacted via phone 1-2 weeks later. I then talked with HR to schedule a time that would work for me to come in and interview and meet some folks from the company. The onsite interview consisted of 4 total interviews (both formal and informal). First, I went out to lunch with two managers and talked about the position, the company, and my general responsibilities. Then I was given a tour of the campus in which I casually communicated with two other employees at Valero. Then it was on to another interview with two more employees and finally the last interview of the day included two directors.

Interview Questions

• No real significant unexpected questions or difficult ones.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

At my school there is a huge career fair where the recruiters of nearly 800 companies around the world mingle with college students. There the students speak briefly to the company reps about their college experience so far and exchange resumes and business cards. If the recruiter likes a students personality then the student's resume will be kept for review after the fair. Later that evening the company recruiters will look over the resumes and filter the good ones based on previous work experience, GPA, and extra-curricular activities. Once a company has narrowed the candidates down to only a handful they will extend an invitation for an interview. The interviewers consisted of an older manger and a younger employee a few years out of college. They were very friendly and joked around throughout the interview to keep the mood light. If they like your personality, GPA, and previous work experience then they will offer you a job. Simple as that.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were straight forward.   1 Answer

Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a brief interview with the head of HR. Very simple questions about myself, and what I wanted from the company. Called me back for a technical interview. If you have any CS knowledge it is very easy. Nothing brainbusting at all

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy (College Station, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three people from three different locations. Asked five behavioral questions and a couple technical questions. Environment and vibe of the interview was very serious, recruiters were not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a commitment but could not keep it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

About 3 interviews. Just study for them and you will be fine. If you are a good fit for the company you won't have any issues. If you like volunteering and serving your community that helps you with your application. Make sure you don't lie about your community service because everyone at Valero volunteers and they will double check to make sure you are not making things up.

Interview Questions

• If you said you spoke another language be prepared to have part of the interview be in that other language.   1 Answer

Interview

The cultures was great. High tech interviewing via Skype and in -office. Small staff. Modern amenities. Professional and quick hire turn around. However, all interviewees were not able to mKe the interview. The most difficult question is the dreaded, tell us about yourself". However, There were not any unrxpecteed questions.