Valley National Bancorp Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online and specified which branch I wanted to work at. The interview was at another building close to their HQ. Dress business-casual, I opted for slacks and a dress shirt. The interview was relatively easy, they ask all the basic questions that shouldn't be too hard to answer. You need to present yourself as a responsible and professional person. The best thing about this job is the training!! It will be easy if you nail that

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valley National Bancorp

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied and received a call next day. Went in for an interview in a week and was offered a position. Managers were very friendly. There were two interviews. One with the Branch manager and one with the territorial manager.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

about a week after I applied I was contacted to schedule an interview. I was hired on the spot and have done the drug test, finger print. Im waiting for my orientation

Interview Questions

• what would you current/previous employer tell me about you if I called them right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. I had my interview the following day at the valley head corp. Then got schedule to interview with branch manger.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application online and was contacted two weeks later. I then scheduled an interview the following week. I was arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and was seen for the interview immediately. The interview was 5 minutes of resume reviewing and a confirmation of hire. I was then transferred to the hiring manager and was offered a figure, I negotiated and got a higher figure :) (Never settle for less people). Afterwards they make you do a million and one online readings that have to be completed before a certain date. Orientation was scheduled a month later (long wait but they want you to finish the readings, drug testing, and fingerprinting before you go). After orientation concludes you have to call the bank that you are supposed to work in. They tell you when to report to your bank and then they explains what your job entails. You are then subjected to more testing in your bank while you take in what it means to be a teller (normal transactions, customer care, and interacting with your new coworkers). After about week you are then sent to either full time training or part time training, they gave me an option between both and i chose the full time training since it was a more detailed training course and they give you more time to practice before they throw back into the fray. The training was five 8 hour days of videos and practice transactions with training accounts (Of course they're not going to let you handle real money!!). The final day of training has you take a test where if you fail your employment is terminated but if you pass your position is secured. The test is half 60% written and 40% transactions. When you pass (passing rate of 96% by the way) you are then congratulated you are sent back to your branch to be a full fledged bank teller!!!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from all the other candidates gathered here today ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. ALWAYS NEGOTIATE!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview took place in the headquarter, Wayne. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and made me feel not so nervous. She was brief and noticed that I have been working every since i was 14 years old and she appraised my hard work. Then she started to ask me questions about my previous jobs and things related to customer service.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever encounter a problem with a customer at your previous job and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was a little long. Applied online and took about a week to hear back. Conducted one interview at their corporate office and later had to another interview at the actual location where you will be working.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in October 2011.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to set up an interview. About a week later, I went to one of their branches and waited in a room with a few other candidates. People went in one by one and were interviewed by two people. A hiring manager, and of course, the service manager of that particular branch. After being interviewed by the hiring manager, you were interviewed by the service manager, and they consulted with each other about the prospect of hiring you.

Interview Questions

• What is something admirable a customer has done for you or someone you know?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in March 2011.

Interview

Met with Human Resources at headquarters and had a 1:1 interview there. She took notes during my interview and told me should was going to forward my application to the branch manager at the location applied for to see if the branch was interested in interviewing me. I was invited to the branch office for an interview a week later and had a 1:1 interview there. Basically the lady was forwarded questions from human resources at the main office to ask me and she was just reading them off the paper.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company/ why did you apply?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to handle an unruly customer and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience cross-selling products? Were you ever required to meet a sales requirement?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employer/ current employer describe you as an employee?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep organized? Do you have any special methods you use to stay organized?   Answer Question