Valley National Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valley National Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.3

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online and specified which branch I wanted to work at. The interview was at another building close to their HQ. Dress business-casual, I opted for slacks and a dress shirt. The interview was relatively easy, they ask all the basic questions that shouldn't be too hard to answer. You need to present yourself as a responsible and professional person. The best thing about this job is the training!! It will be easy if you nail that

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied and received a call next day. Went in for an interview in a week and was offered a position. Managers were very friendly. There were two interviews. One with the Branch manager and one with the territorial manager.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

about a week after I applied I was contacted to schedule an interview. I was hired on the spot and have done the drug test, finger print. Im waiting for my orientation

Interview Questions

• what would you current/previous employer tell me about you if I called them right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

My job was rolled in with the acquirement of the old bank. I worked in the branch, so everyone invited to keep their job met in a large room, completed paperwork, and that was it!

Senior IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter to set up the initial phone screen. Spoke with HR and answered some basic questions about my background and current compensation. Came in for an in person interview with the IT audit team and also met with the general auditor. Enjoyed meeting the team and was out in under two hours.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with a senior hr rep for the first interview. She was very easygoing and made the interview process an enjoyable one. Was then told to meet with a VP and that interview well just as well. Very simple questions and just wanted to get more information about my background. Overall, each interview went under 30 mins each. One of the easiest, if not easiest, interview process I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• how are you skills and knowledge applicable to this job position?
      What did you do at your previous jobs?
      How would you handle multiple tasks from different departments at the same time?
      What are your expectations at this company?
      What makes you the right candidate?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by Human Resources Rep and she was the one to hire me within a short period of time which I was thankful for at the time. I needed a job fast. She was very pleasant and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• She asked me questions about my past banking experience   Answer Question

PT Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by phone by HR to schedule an in-person interview at their headquarters within a week. On the day of the interview, the HR recruiter was friendly and didn't ask many questions. She used a conversational approach and mainly wanted to know about my previous experiences and future goals. Once we finished going over her questions, she asked if I'd be willing to drive directly to the branch to meet the manager for a second interview with her. I said yes, and later found out that this is common for them, so expect to go to the branch location to which you applied to interview with the branch manager straight from HR if all goes well. The branch manager asked about my experiences as well and why I thought I'd be successful at the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your future goals and do you see yourself working for Valley long-term?   Answer Question

Wire Verification Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews that were moderate in difficulty. First was a phone interview that asked a few questions about my experiences but mostly to get to know me. The next interview was more formal and asked several questions about my schooling, my experience, future plans with the company, and reasons for applying.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate goal with Valley?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. I had my interview the following day at the valley head corp. Then got schedule to interview with branch manger.