Valley Youth House Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valley Youth House

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valley Youth House.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by email within 3 weeks of sending in my application. The administrative assistant who handled the emails and phone calls was very polite and speedy in her responses. However, who ever scripted/dictated the content of the email needs to be more specific and/or detailed in their instructions. The email read as if 2 separate interviews would occur, one that would be a group interview providing general information about the agency and job responsibilities, and another that would be held one on one with a supervisor; This was not how the interview process occurred. Both the group and individual interview occurred the same day. Upon arrival to VYH I was handed a number of forms asking for the same information that was on my resume, as well as what I would later be asked about in the one on one interview. I was also asked for references, which in the email had been instructed to not be needed until the one on one interview during the "second interview" (confusing right?). Although this caught me off guard I was emailed and asked to some back for (the real) second interview with a supervisor. The email described the second interview to occur as a mock session where in which I would present information and my knowledge on a service or program of my choice. Sounded easy enough. However, when the interview began I was instructed to hold the mock session as if I was trying to solicit volunteers or donations from a business/donor. This was a very different scenario than what was sent in the email.
Long story short I did not get called back and was relived not to have been.

Interview Questions

• (during mock session) " Why should we donate our time and resources to your agency"?   Answer Question