Valpak Direct Marketing Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valpak Direct Marketing Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.4

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems.

Interview

I went to an interview on a Saturday morning at 9am at Colectivo. I talked with Kevin Ford for a while and the interview went great. He said he was impressed and the next step was to take a personality test. He emailed me the test and I took it. It asked questions like "What did you like better, gym class or math class?" and "What awards did you win in high school?". It was very odd that I was 24 and answering questions about high school that might determine my future at a company, however, I took it seriously and answered honestly. About one week after I submitted the test I finally heard back. Kevin asked me to come into the office. I was excited to move to the next step of the interview. I got to the office and he basically sat me down and told me that I failed the personality test. He took out the results and said that the test showed that I was too nice and may not be able to take criticism. I told him that I disagreed, but was completely dumbfounded that he would make me drive 35 minutes to meet with him so that he could turn me down. He seemed conflicted, but said that the personality test is never wrong. It was very weird and I felt that it was unprofessional to have a candidate waste their time as he did. A call would have been just fine.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Dragged out over weeks, including 3 phone interviews and 3 days of in-person interviews. Met at least 10 employees throughout the interview process. They told me they had a different, higher level position in mind for me instead of the one I applied for. One hour before my next interview for that position, they cancelled because the employee I was supposed to meet with was sick - the following business day I followed up to reschedule the interview and they informed me that they were no longer interested in me for either position.

SEM/PPC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long. It seemed they try to get to know you before really diving into your knowledge.

Everyone is nice and super friendly. I had a horrific experience with one person however.
    He was very monotone and boring. It made me not want to work there since one of the employees said its the best work environment ever.

When he asked me questions, I simply gave the wrong answers. Never really met someone who was dull and monotone. I could barley hear the person speak. Im glad I didn't get the job, that would of bothered me.

Interview Questions

• do you use the beta version?   1 Answer
    • Do you have your Adwords account and if so, what keyword can I type to see you ad?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems.

Interview

Very positive environment. The team that interview you will try their best to make you comfortable and ease your nerves. Prepare for situational questions. Bring examples from previous jobs or situations where you were able to success. And think about a time when things did not go the way you wanted and what you did/learn from it.

Interview Questions

• We have talked about all your successful stories and is impressive all you have accomplished, but now please tell us about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Sales Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial contact with Valpak was with the Talent Acquisition Specialist who explained the position and what a successful candidate needed to possess to be considered.

The first interview was by a phone with the Director of Franchise, who gave a full job description outlining what he is looking for in a Sales Coach. He was very realistic as to the job responsibilities as well as the travel required for success. He asks probing questions to evaluate if I was a good fit for the company.

The second interview was by phone with the Senior Vice President of Franchise Development, who again discussed the job responsibilities and then share the growth of the company and how this position came to being offered. She also asked probing questions.
    The third interview was with both the Senior VP and the Director of Franchise at the Valpak corporate office. I arrived and first met with the Talent Acquisition Specialist who was very positive about the interviewing process. She gave me the benefits information and asked if I have any questions she could answer for me before the interview. She set the culture and expectation of the interview for me. It was apparent she loves her job and takes pride in ensuring the right candidate is selected for the position. The in person with the SVP and Director was very informative, there was a give and take in questions and I found it easy to talk to both executives. They also exemplified enthusiasm and personal commitment to Valpak.

The fourth and firth interviews were with Sales Coaches in the field. Each were transparent in their job functions and responsibilities, the two had different focus based on the size of the transitional markets, but both explained the job, the travel and the expectations. I came out of this interview with a better understanding of the day to day requirements for the position. Both were very open to discuss the challenges and successes they have had with the company.

What I have found so remarkable is that there are so many team members at Valpak that have been employed for 15 + years. They have long term employees committed to the vision of Valpak.
    I am impressed with the professionalism of everyone I have spoken to. I have interviewed with many companies, some smaller and some larger, and most of them do not get back with you on their decision of employment. The Talent Acquisition Specialist I am working with follows up with you on the status of the hiring process, she actually calls me-not me hunting her down for information.
    Again this exemplifies the professionalism, respect to candidates and total character of the company.
    What ever the outcome is of my interviews, Valpak has renewed my beliefs in open communication and professionalism is key to success.

Interview Questions

• What characteristic makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Staten Island, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone screening first, and we scheduled the first interview with the Account Manager/Designer, they called me back for a second interview with the Designer, Director, and President of the company and they wanted me to design a coupon. The designer contacted me again for a third interview with her, Director, and President of the company and wanted me to design a second coupon that was more creative rather than guided. After the interview they wanted me to copy a design, to see how long it would take me. They said they would get back to me by Monday, a week later I contacted them asking when they think their decision will be made...no response. I reached out again saying I had another job offer and they never responded. I just want a response even if they don't want me, it's unprofessional for any company to not respond when the candidate has put so much time and effort trying to get the job. I would advise everyone to stay away from this company!

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to do Freelance if you don't get the Full - time position?   1 Answer

Collation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Was able to go in and present my experience and hear what their need is. Whole process took less than a month. HR kept good communication throughout and I only had to meet a few people external to the role itself. Inside the department, I met a few people before deciding that they were good people.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First there's a telephone interview with an HR representative, followed by a telephone interview by the hiring manager, and lastly an onsite interview with several people one at a time (this takes 3 hours).

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - what interested you about the company, how do prior skills match job description, no "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems.

Interview

First interview was great. Started on time with relevant questions and information.

Second interview was with the franchise owner. He was late to start the interview and would interrupt talking to other employees about business matters that clearly could have waited until after the interview. It was rude and awkward. I made the mistake of sharing that I am a member of the military (reserves). At the interview he said he would like to support that but it would mean that he would have to give me vacation time and the 2 weeks required for my active duty training. I did get a negative vibe from him and after that comment, felt like I was being discriminated against.

Content Creation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems (Staten Island, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was rather simple and easy! I got in contact with Valpak via email and had a phone conversation with the social media manager. At the time it was only for an internship, so I quickly met in person and began my work at Valpak.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're looking to get out of a position like this?   Answer Question