Valspar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valspar (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

The first interview was on campus to discuss my resume. It was a fairly simple process with a few questions designed to understand my personality. For instance, one question asked whether I preferred a normal office desk job or would like to be out traveling and solving problems on sight.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer a traditional office job or would you like to be on sight traveling to the client location?   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

There was none. Got called to come in for an interview and when I got there I was given a tour of the facility then given the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Interview

Hired through temporary agency with benefits, and competitive pay, got job offer with company after 4 months of working there

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valspar (High Point, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. It felt more like a meet and greet than an interview. I was able to laugh with the interviewer. For a moment, we started talking about family. He asked more about my experience when I intern ina third world country which had nothing to do with the job. However, all that happened after I talked about my skills.

Operator II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Lengthy, but they have a standard they got which doesn't always allow the best hires.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a temp agency and did not have to do any kind of interviews. I met with the temp agency through Adecco and was giving an interview which allowed me the opportunity.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2015.

Interview

First round on the phone with HR rep, brought in four 4 interviews in a row. Two from HR two from Marketing managers. After the second interview it Took about a month to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions, resume walkthrough, drilled down on work experience and exactly how it is applicable to the position.   Answer Question

Technical Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview with various management personnel ranging from Technical Manager to VP of Packaging. Two weeks later I was contacted by a Personality / Psychological Assessment Firm for a 2 hour phone interview. I was contacted a month later and told the position was given internal. Later learned that an additional positional had opened, however they were not re-interviewing former candidates for positions. Disappointing

Interview Questions

• Technical Experience, How do you handle stress? What kind of childhood you had? What are some of your greatest achievements? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valspar (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the best I've ever had! They only required one interview (rare!) and the interview was in-person. I was interviewed by my potential boss and director of the department. It was relaxed and lasted literally 30 minutes. I heard back within a week and started the following Monday after the interview. The interview to hire process was quick, efficient and made me confident that I wanted to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky to note! They focused less on my resume/credentials than they did what I was looking to do in the next step of my career.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Submited resume through on campus recruiting channel. After a while, received the interview invitation. There were 2 back-to-back interviews. I interviewed with the head of M&A department and then with the head of treasury department.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was difficult because the department of treasury seem to have no interest on me.   Answer Question