Valspar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valspar (High Point, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. It felt more like a meet and greet than an interview. I was able to laugh with the interviewer. For a moment, we started talking about family. He asked more about my experience when I intern ina third world country which had nothing to do with the job. However, all that happened after I talked about my skills.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a temp agency and did not have to do any kind of interviews. I met with the temp agency through Adecco and was giving an interview which allowed me the opportunity.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an e-mail from my University about Valspar looking to fill co-op positions. The co-op office sent over my resume and I received a call from HR in about two weeks to schedule a phone interview. The interview itself was fairly simple and quick, background questions about myself and my education followed by some behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put into a difficult situation and how you overcame this obstacle.   Answer Question

Warehouse/Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

2 Phone screens and then face 2 face. Face to face was 5 different interviews. They will make hotel arrangements for you, but do not put it on a credit card or direct bill. It goes on the candidates card and they do not reimburse! Multiple attempts to contact someone go unanswered. Fyi, They are being bought out. Boards and investors have not approved it yet. No follow up to the interviews is provided either even though I was told 7-10 days.

Production Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

There were many steps to the process and combination interviews. These included on site one one ones and group interviews, phone screens and interviews from HR to VPs. If you make it past all of those, there is also an online psychological test followed by a lengthy phone discussion with a psychologist.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

1 phone screening interview
    2 30 min interviews with hiring manager and hr representative

Really positive experience, but the Sherwin-Williams deal was announced a few days after the interview so that shook things up.

**Valspar has locations on both 3rd avenue and 3rd street, so make sure to go to the right one. Google maps may send you to the wrong one if you don't double-check.

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valspar (Wheeling, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter to schedule an interview. It was extremely short (12 minutes) with a small factory tour. I was declined for position over another candidate due to "personality" preferences of interview panel. The place is noisy

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

There was a series of 3 interviews with different managers - all one on one. After that there was a set of pre-employment tests that were sent to me online. Then finally there was a phone interview with a behavioral psychologist. The entire process took between 2 and 4 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer asked about my previous experience in similar roles.   1 Answer

Technical Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview with various management personnel ranging from Technical Manager to VP of Packaging. Two weeks later I was contacted by a Personality / Psychological Assessment Firm for a 2 hour phone interview. I was contacted a month later and told the position was given internal. Later learned that an additional positional had opened, however they were not re-interviewing former candidates for positions. Disappointing

Interview Questions

• Technical Experience, How do you handle stress? What kind of childhood you had? What are some of your greatest achievements? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valspar (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the best I've ever had! They only required one interview (rare!) and the interview was in-person. I was interviewed by my potential boss and director of the department. It was relaxed and lasted literally 30 minutes. I heard back within a week and started the following Monday after the interview. The interview to hire process was quick, efficient and made me confident that I wanted to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky to note! They focused less on my resume/credentials than they did what I was looking to do in the next step of my career.   Answer Question