Valspar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valspar

2.6

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

1 phone screening interview
    2 30 min interviews with hiring manager and hr representative

Really positive experience, but the Sherwin-Williams deal was announced a few days after the interview so that shook things up.

**Valspar has locations on both 3rd avenue and 3rd street, so make sure to go to the right one. Google maps may send you to the wrong one if you don't double-check.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valspar (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with 4 different people in the supply chain group. Hiring manager, Scheduling Manager, Warehouse manager and Director of the supply chain. The process took a little longer than I expected but I did get an offer.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Standard phone screen interview on my experiences with lean and six sigma tools. The interviewer was polite and friendly. It sounds like a good company to work for. They are not only implementing six sigma in manufacturing but in the finance area and in information technology. After a phone screen, they will select candidates for on site interviews then make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example about an analysis that you completed using six sigma.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

There was a series of 3 interviews with different managers - all one on one. After that there was a set of pre-employment tests that were sent to me online. Then finally there was a phone interview with a behavioral psychologist. The entire process took between 2 and 4 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer asked about my previous experience in similar roles.   1 Answer

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Romeoville, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially contact by a staffing agency for the position. The screening process went very well. I had a phone screen and subsequent face to face interview with the HR manager who was wonderful to work with. The next step was a site interview with the hiring manger and company engineer. I was with both for about four hours total. Facility was great; engineer was very knowledgeable and considerate. I used the phrase "chain of command”. After a total of 8 hours of interviewing was told that made me sound to militaristic! Perhaps the 12 years of military service outlined on my resume would have given that away. A total waste of time. Hiring manager stated she encouraged me to join groups related to logistics as she would not be my mentor if she hired me as she would be too busy to lead teach and coach.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valspar (Matteson, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was an easy interview with basic questions about work background and education. What kind if hours I wanted to work and tour of lab and facility. Also got a glimpse of some of their procedures.

Interview Questions

• strengths and weaknesses, how do you handle stress, how's your time management skills etc.   Answer Question

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar (Wheeling, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial screening at Aerotek Staffing, where they always make you sound like the best candidate ever. Weeks later, I get a call that Valspar is hiring; turnaround time to interview was only a couple of days. Interview was with the QC Manager and Plant Chemist, and included a brief overview of the lab and a 30-45 minute interview with the two people.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure proper communication?   1 Answer
    • The job can get boring and tedious. How would you combat that?   1 Answer

QC Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Valspar (Wheeling, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter to schedule an interview. It was extremely short (12 minutes) with a small factory tour. I was declined for position over another candidate due to "personality" preferences of interview panel. The place is noisy

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts at a work place?   1 Answer
    • What are your future plans?   1 Answer

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview, was very straightforward. Was not to hard in the sense that the questions never went beyond your reach. Easier to ask more questions to the interview giver to keep the pressure off yourself.

Director of Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed at the Pittsburgh office (Sewickley) and also in Minneapolis.
    Spent a full day with a psychologist to interview, test, and go through assessments.
    Mostly interviewed with other executives. All interviewers were at peer level or above.
    They did not take me to a production plant for any interviews.

Interview Questions

• I asked for a signing bonus because I would miss out on the bonus at my former employer. Also, I had various stock options with my former employer that I would forfeit.   1 Answer