Valspar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valspar

2.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The time from the first telephone interview to hire was a very long process, 5-weeks total. Hiring managers were pleasant, but decisions moved to slowly. I was surprised by how many steps were involved to get this job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with difficult people and how I handle stress   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was recruited and already had a job that I loved I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar in August 2013.

Interview

Getting an interview was quick. The follow up interviews were schedule quickly as well. The time to hear about getting the job seemed to lag on. Interviewers were professional

Interview Questions

After reaching out to a few people in the organization I realized it would not be a good fit for me.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Approximately 30 minute phone screening with behavioral interview questions. Was brought in for separate interviews with the hiring manager an HR manager and then another finance director. Mostly more behavioral interview questions.
    I was also required to take drug test and thorough psychological online testing, which took around 5 hours. All multiple choice or true/false.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2012.

Interview

Fast and Easy. The recruiter was very pleasant and made the interview process very comfortable. I have never experienced a process as easy as Valspar's and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Health

CSR2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valspar (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, then invited in person to screen with team. They were all very thorough, round of IQ , Personality tests, skills review, group interviews, individual interviews, drug test, then after successful pass they call back and you start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of when you provided good customer service.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Interview

Process was professional, balanced and thorough. Interviewer was prompt and respectful of the interviewee's time and experience. It was not only a question/answer session. The interviewer took the time to share a conversation with me, allowed me to ask questions and participated in basic chit chat that I believe, allows you to get to know who you future boss is and if this is a person you would enjoy working under.

Interview Questions

• From my experience, the questions asked were typical for an interview process. There was the standard, "what would you do in ................ scenario" questions, along with questions specific to the brand, such as knowledge about different types of paint, as well as knowledge of Valspar and its company.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview and an interview process on site. The interview process on site is a panel interview and quite difficult. Questions range from behavioral to technical and the entire process lasts about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many M&Ms are needed to fill up a volkswagen beetle. Is there an easier way to calculate this   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valspar (Medina, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with all of management. They were extremely personable. Basically just described the job and then talked about everything else under the sun. Didn't even feel like an interview.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Valspar (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Short, 30-minute on-campus interview at my college. Standard interview questions. (Personality, etc.) No technical questions. Very relaxed.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an e-mail from my University about Valspar looking to fill co-op positions. The co-op office sent over my resume and I received a call from HR in about two weeks to schedule a phone interview. The interview itself was fairly simple and quick, background questions about myself and my education followed by some behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put into a difficult situation and how you overcame this obstacle.   Answer Question