Valspar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valspar

2.6

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

HR interview -> Scientist interview -> on-site interview. It took about 5-6 hours to complete with different scientists and manager.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult, not so many technical questions. But like what you did before, what you anticipate. They introduce a lot about the company and the lab thing.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Very friendly, not a lot of challenging questions asked it was more of a conversation, they really described what you would be doing and then expected you to ask a lot more questions, be sure to have plenty of questions because of this and show off your work experience

Interview Questions

• oddly enough there was no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was 1:1 on campus, about 40 mins. I was asked to introduce my research work first, and then some technical questions followed by behavioral. The interviewer introduced the position in details and the organization of the R&D.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult problem you encountered in your research and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Interview

It's long. One to one face talk every hour. You will feel very tired especially when you are asked very tough questions. They are friendly at first, however, after they decided not to give an offer, everything changed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever feel stressed? How did you go through?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Irving, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

There were several layers to the process before interviewing with decision maker. Interviews were professional, not overly long, or challenging. Interviewers did a good job of painting the picture; what the environment was like, the culture, as well as what was expected on a day to day basis. The decision maker chose to utilize a third party screener to qualify final candidates, so there was little personal discourse, other than the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our company.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in person interview with RSM about an hour with all the usual interview questions, third interview on phone with the divisional manager about half hour. Process took about one month until job offer after drug screen and driving record.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to valspar, have you spoken in front of a crowd (presentations and training background), have you had a sales goal and are you sales driven...   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2014.

Interview

Had a referral from a current employee. Met with his boss, which is the first step in the hiring process. We had a really great conversation. The best interviews are conversations and this was no different. Was asked about my work history and habits. Also had some 'what is the best way to handle this problem' type questions. The hiring manager said he would call me to set up a second interview with his boss. Never heard back. Sent an email about a week later, thanking him for the interview and that i appreciated his conversation. Never heard back, with no explanation or reason why.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with an unexpected problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar (Malvern, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Casual interview in a hotel lobby with two district managers. It was more of a get to know you meeting. Having checked Valspar here at Glassdoor, I found that comments that it was a very male oriented culture were accurate.

Interview Questions

• What experience in my background would I be bringing to the position.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

hiring process was not difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation…

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic conversation type of interview. It was really an opportunity to get to know me. Might have the same conversation sitting at a bar. The meeting was at a hotel with two district managers. Afterwards I received a call from the National Manager who basically asked the same questions as the initial interview.