Valspar Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valspar Territory Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Valspar

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Irving, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

There were several layers to the process before interviewing with decision maker. Interviews were professional, not overly long, or challenging. Interviewers did a good job of painting the picture; what the environment was like, the culture, as well as what was expected on a day to day basis. The decision maker chose to utilize a third party screener to qualify final candidates, so there was little personal discourse, other than the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valspar

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in person interview with RSM about an hour with all the usual interview questions, third interview on phone with the divisional manager about half hour. Process took about one month until job offer after drug screen and driving record.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to valspar, have you spoken in front of a crowd (presentations and training background), have you had a sales goal and are you sales driven...   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2014.

Interview

Had a referral from a current employee. Met with his boss, which is the first step in the hiring process. We had a really great conversation. The best interviews are conversations and this was no different. Was asked about my work history and habits. Also had some 'what is the best way to handle this problem' type questions. The hiring manager said he would call me to set up a second interview with his boss. Never heard back. Sent an email about a week later, thanking him for the interview and that i appreciated his conversation. Never heard back, with no explanation or reason why.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with an unexpected problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar (Malvern, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Casual interview in a hotel lobby with two district managers. It was more of a get to know you meeting. Having checked Valspar here at Glassdoor, I found that comments that it was a very male oriented culture were accurate.

Interview Questions

• What experience in my background would I be bringing to the position.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

hiring process was not difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation…

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic conversation type of interview. It was really an opportunity to get to know me. Might have the same conversation sitting at a bar. The meeting was at a hotel with two district managers. Afterwards I received a call from the National Manager who basically asked the same questions as the initial interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Interview process was simple. One phone and two face to face. Very casual was told not to dress up and dress business casual. Asked a lot of questions about previous work experience and sales backgroung.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous boss's position and if you were to have it for one day, what would you change why would you change it, and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

I had a family member that knew the Regional Manager that hired me. We did a phone interview since I lived in 2000 miles away. filled out paperwork. Including a personality evaluation form via mail.

Negotiation

He offered 35K/yr and I accepted.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valspar in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email asking if I was interested before she called me, emailed back I was interested, gave phone number and open to call at her time frame, called her late in the day on the date she said she would call, said she never got email. Did phone interview, my information was escalated to project manager at recruitment office, had to wait 2 days to see if I would be called for interview, was sent email scheduling interview, had to wait for second email telling me where interview was to take place along with "tips" for interview- dress appropriately, bring 2 copies of resume (which were not needed) etc. Day of interview, met with two people, Regional Sales Manager and Divisional Sales Manager. Had a (what I thought) was a good interview, lively conversation, felt my accomplishments shined. Received phone call two days later from Regional guy, had additional questions, seemed concerned about my ability to use computer in store to take notes, explained to him I had no problems with it, just don't currently do it as current and former company did not have technology for it. Was originally told decision would be made in a week, followed up 1 week later when I did not hear anything, was told decision was going to take another week, still nothing, called original Recruiter, Project manager recruiter and both people I interview with, no calls returned, very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• How do you manage notes and paperwork that is required in your current position   1 Answer