Valspar Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Valspar Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Valspar

2.5

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

First there was Phone Screen with HR.Then face to face with Regional Manager, and finally phone interview with Divisonal Manager from corporate. After passing that includes background check, and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valspar

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Two interviews. CareerBuilder is screening applicants so a sales background is essential. They're looking for folks with experience in the big box store arena. It isn't actually a sales job, as TMs are simply the middle man but they dress up the job to seem like a sales job. It's really an in-store service job. Experience in group training and teaching is helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.....big mistake

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Raleigh, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

I met with the Regional sales manager, after completing a lengthy phone interview. I then was asked to complete a psychiatric assessment which would show compatibility. Next came the interview which was fairly straightforward and honest.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2015.

Interview

sell lot of paint to people who could care less about paint, but want to beat you up on price. They do sell many different coating to various manufactures and not just to Lowes.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to be when I grow up?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

One interview with Regional Manager and another Regional Manager. Easy questions, no STAR Method, no situational. Very upfront description of day to day tasks.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel having no paint background selling to people who have been in the industy for over 30 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked, but they said there was no room to move on th base.