Value City Furniture Home Furnishing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Value City Furniture Home Furnishing Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value City Furniture.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with Sales Manager. I was asked a series of questions in a very direct way. The people that worked in the office were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why do you want to work at Value City Furniture?   Answer Question

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (North Olmsted, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Short, not really all that professional. Was asked if I thought I could handle a job relying on only commision, in which I answered that I had never done so. Then they proceeded to tell me that I could and reassured me that it was "easy" and "anyone could do it"

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a job relying on 100% commision.   1 Answer

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Baltimore, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

It was 12 years ago at an open house. I spoke with head of human resources and the assistant store manager. I was given an offer then which I accepted the next day. I gave two weeks notice to my current job and started with training. The three day training was excellent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture in October 2008.

Interview

Posted my resume on a job board with interest in sales. A recruiter contacted me by phone to schedule a phone interview. Aced the phone interview was then scheduled to take an online assesment test. After that was scheduled to meet with the store manager. Met with the store manager then interviewed with the operations and sales manager the same day. I spent atleast 2 hours at the store. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you or how well are you at selling add-ons. Ex. extended warranies, stainsafe protection and bedgaurds.   1 Answer
    • What is your technique in getting a customer to purchase an add-on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I would or could start.