Value Village Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2018

2.5

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Value Village (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Wasted my time to be honest, of course I got the job but I could have been smarter and looked for another during this treacherous process. It took me two months to get hired. The interviews were scheduled so far apart and the interviews themselves were lengthy and invasive. For a job at Value Village it was definitely way out of line and too personal. They wanted to scan every aspect of you to see if they like you, or better to say can tolerate you being around. I feel like they do this because so many people come and go daily, like people quit/get hired, that they want you to feel like you would be wasting your time if you threw that effort away.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Village.

Interview

assistant manager and then another person, both asking the same stupid questions. they were cold and unwelcoming , i felt very uncomfortable . they did not explain the position at all or what the duties would be , very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• have you ever seen another employee stealing , what would you do ?   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village (Kelowna, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied in person and then was told that I needed to apply online. I did right away and within the same day I was contacted for an interview the next day. I arrived at the interview and was asked mostly behavioural questions, as to what I would do in such a situation as ...
    I then did a second interview on spot with another person who asked the same types of questions but geared more towards what I would like to achieve there i.e. promotions etc.
    They then gave me a tour of the work area.
    After a few days I received a call that I had been accepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you found a coworker doing something they shouldn't have and what was your response to that?   Answer Question

CDC Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Sit in a room with a manager, they ask you a few questions for 5-10 mins and are told the next stages. I'm sure as long as you take the interview seriously you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember, I have had numerous interviews from the 4 years since I first worked there.   1 Answer

Production Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

10 minute interview about what you can do and bring to value village and what position you want and why and what hours shifts work and if you are flexibile

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value Village.

Interview

I applied in person and received a call for an interview within a week. It was two interviews, one was with two supervisors in the room, and the other, with the head manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to handle a situation with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Give me a step by step process of your daily tasks at your volunteer experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Value Village (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

2 identical interviews a week apart. This is a retail job... Why do you need 2 interviews? It's not like it's a competitive position for one place. There were multiple jobs that needed people.
    I thought the process was very through but redundant. I got 2 of everything including a tour of the store.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village.

Interview

I met with the store manager for an interview. It went really well. Very standard behaviour questions. Was asked to come back the next day for an interview with the DM. Arrived the next day. Was shown around by the production manager. Brough upstairs to interview with the DM and her. Interview was going very well. He asked why I left my last Job. I told him the truth, Termination without cause, I was one of many who received the notice that week as the company is going through lots of change. the tone of the interview totally changed and he kept asking me why I really left. He made it seem like I was lying! and that companies don't do that type of thing- yes they do it all the time! at that point the interview randomly ended. I was told I would hear either way by wednesday the week after, but did not hear anything until friday saying they decided to go in a different direction. a week later posting is back up online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a program or standard that you created and is used company wide.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value Village (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume in store and the supervisor gave me an availability form to fill out. Then she said I had to apply online as well. About 3 days later I got called for an interview. (I only applied online after I got called). The interview was one-on-one in an office and the lady asked a lot of behavioral questions. I think they were about 10. I think It was about 15 minutes in total. The online application also involved a questionnaire you had to complete as many questions as possible in 10minutes. (mostly math related) and there was another survey.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you someone doing something dangerous or dishonest. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a great team. What made it great and how did you contribute to the team?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Value Village?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with the directions of a superior or boss. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about you people suggested you change.   Answer Question

Tagger/Racker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was really fast and simple, not many questions or any complicated questions. The hiring manager was very nice and patient. Anyone could get this job if they have confidence. It's important to know about the company because the hiring manager was impressed by that.