Value Village Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Value Village Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 18, 2017

2.5

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Value Village (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Did the online quiz application, then walked in store with a resume. They looked it over then invited me in for an interview. Went upstairs and talked for about forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you worked in a team, and how did you contribute to that team?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a time you saw a team member being dishonest and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to do something as ordered by a manager even though you've disagreed with them.   Answer Question
    • Do you enjoy taking on extra tasks outside of your own?   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter that went on for about 45 minutes. After that I was told to fill in an online application on their web site. They said the would sent out my information to the stores in my area. About a week later I received a phone call and asked more questions that had already been asked. Then an in store interview was set up for the next day. I went in and met the store manager and the assistant manager. We went to the back office and spent about an hour going through the usual interview questions. Once we had finished was told they would get back to me the following Monday. After leaving the office the ASM gave me a tour of the store and how the process works. Never heard another word from them.

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had to pass three interviews, as if I was applying to some fancy law firm. It was definitely excessive and deluded on their part, to give potential employees the idea, working for them was going to be a privilege.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to work for Savers?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First and second interviews are the same, they will ask you the same questions like they did with me. First they will have a store/front sales manager interview you, then the main boss of the location. The second interview I was a lot more nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you had to do many things at once, and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Full Time Supervisory Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Village (Ancaster, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was excellent,clear,easy to follow & listen,did a questionnaire which also teaches you a bit about the company too! Staff was so helpful,friendly & very courteous too!! I passed with flying colours the first interview Which was then followed by a 2nd interview where again,I did very well. They also put you at ease where your just having a chat in a sense.....

Interview Questions

• What brings you in to apply for a job at Value Village? Also there is a questionnaire they do which most questions are common sense if you've worked retail long enough. I found this very interesting not only educational towards the company themselves but you always learn a few things too!!   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Value Village (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days after that. i was interviewed twice on different days. the first one was with the manager and the second was with the supervisor. It was relatively easy interview, the manager was very nice and it took about 25-30 minutes. They will tell you how the company works, their profit partners etc.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value Village (London, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to a Value Village job fair where they asked about my availability and basic retail and customer service experience. They booked me in for an interview at the job fair for the next week. I was interviewed 1 on 1, and it was in a very laid back, comfortable and friendly setting. I was mostly asked behavioural type questions ("Describe a time when....what did you do...what was the outcome..."). At the end of the interview, I was told that they would call me in a couple days to come in for my second interview.
    I went in for my second interview and I was interviewed by a different manager. Once again it was very laid back and the lady was very nice. I was asked similar questions, mostly all behavioural again.
    One thing I found with everyone I talked to is that they all love their jobs and love what Value Village does for the environment and the non-profit organizations. I had a lot of questions for them and they were really excited to answer them and talk about why they love their work. So I would highly suggest having questions for them, like for example, asking them, "why do you like working here?"

I was told to expect a call this coming week, so I'm still waiting to hear if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time when you saw a co-worker talking in a disrespectful way to a customer. How did you handle the situation?
      2. What are your goals in working at Value Village?
      3. Name a time where you went above and beyond in your job and what was the result of this action.
      Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Value Village (Peterborough, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a list of prescribed questions, where they write the answers in the blanks on the page. It felt very corporate. I was called in for a second interview and was asked exactly the same questions again. I was lead to believe that someone in my position only made "slightly more than minimum wage" but I'm not sure that's actually accurate. It caused me to low blow in my salary negotiation, which I regret. Afterwards, they show you the goings on of the store, especially the back room where all of the production goes on.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you did something you were proud of. Describe your leadership style. Do you like Halloween?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview date was given quick, I was referred by a friend and got an interview date the same day I applied. Interviewer was very friendly and patient, asked various questions specifically about how you would deal with certain situations as well as previous specific experiences in other jobs.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they asked was "How do you handle difficult customers?" Another question was "Should you be friendly and/or professional when dealing with customers?"   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Value Village (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Completed tests online. Got called in for an interview two days later. Hiring Manager gave me a tour of the store, asked about my availability. All the questions were situational/behavioural (tell me about a time when...). I got scheduled in for a second interview right after that, questions were the same. My references were contacted a week later. It has been a week since then, and I am now waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question