Value Village Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Value Village Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village.

Interview

Brief interview about myself and why I wanted to change jobs. They asked me about my view on certain topics and/or issues. Very insightful interview. Interview was 45 minutes in length, paper application is filled out in store at time of interview

Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Village (Roswell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

came in and sat in dinning show case area they asked me why i wanted to work there and gave me the details of the job and that was it

Interview Questions

• why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value Village (Roswell, GA).

Interview

Apply back ground check and moral conception how would I handle stressful situation. Would I be will to help in any are that I was ask to keep store clean and treat customers with respect and being dependable and expandable showing respect to one and all.

Interview Questions

• Would I turn in a co worker for steling   1 Answer

Production Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village (Issaquah, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

pretty basic stuff, I applied online and got a call like a week later set up an interview, they asked basic interview questions nothing really surprising then I had my second interview with the store manager and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you saw someone do something dishonest how did you react?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value Village (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat down with me in one of thew stores and after talking for a few mins they showed me around the building. Beyond the few questions asked it was basically showing me exactly what they do and how they operate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like I should hire you?   1 Answer

Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Value Village (Forest Park, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Put in application, have interview with 3 of the managers, get told the outline of job they are going to put u in and then u get hired and then u start the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• What kind of jobs did u previously have that could help u in this one   1 Answer

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Issaquah, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard. The first interview was mostly a behavioral interview with the supervisor and a short tour of the production room to explain the various jobs and ensure that it was something I'd be comfortable doing. For prep, just make sure to have good success stories ready and practice standard behavioral interview questions. After that, there was a second interview with the store manager that was a few more questions, explanation of benefits, pay, etc, and then explaining the training process, then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions like: "Tell me about a time where you disagreed with someone you worked with, and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Bellingham, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Savers and got a call within a week. The interview took about an hour and a half, which consisted of a tour of the front of the store and production part of store. The production manager interviewed me and went through a three page packet of basic interview questions. I was offered a position immediately after his questions were done.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when someone in a team wasn't doing what they're supposed to do and what did you do to solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their base pay is set and stone, but they tell you that there's chances for raises once a year.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value Village (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

interview with district manager, it was pretty easy. Basic retail questions. Be profesional and know what you are talking about. Dress the part, and be confident. Prepare beforehand. I accepted the job immediately after the interview. It helps if you have a BA.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate salary.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Value Village (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume through a career site and I was emailed roughly about a week later. The emailed stated that every manager starts out as an assistant and moved their way up and Value Village will run a background check and credit report. If I agreed to the terms please respond back and we set up for a face to face interview so I did.I met the District Manager and he gave me a quick run down about the company and gave me a tour. I was told I will get a call sometime next week. The district manager seems nice