ValueOptions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ValueOptions Interview Questions

2.3

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Latham, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions such as why I wanted to leave my current job, where I wanted to be in the company in the future and was given a description of the job and benefits. I pointed out my past experience with claims processing and my availability to work full-time and overtime, when I would be given prior notice.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was working with Excel.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Interview was great, but not the reality of the job or working environment at all. I feel my interviewer was initially sincere in what she wanted the values of this company to be, but not what the reality is.

Interview Questions

• I was asked and led to believe that much care and compassion is needed when working with members and providers as we would be managing substance use and mental health benefits.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

They were dishonest about benefits. It was an easy interview. I am sorry I accepted the job there. Not a good place to work at all. the process was simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered minimal salary

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Interviews were casual; had no idea what the benefits were until after I hired on; None of those "where do you see yourself in 5 years...". Process did take awhile (2+ months),

Interview Questions

• Less about actual job; more about getting along with existing staff; May have asked why I left previous jobs, questions about being able to work in a team environment, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Latham, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

very brief. the interviewer didn't know she was giving an interview at all with me today so I am not sure how prepared she actually was. This should have been a sign as to the flawed communication and organization system this company has. Therefore it was very brief with just a bunch of geneic questions that I cannot remember at all.
    Basically it is hard for me to say anything positive about this interview since it lead me to what I later found out to be a poor choice in deciding to work for this company, as I became very unhappy and left as soon as I got a far better offer after a little over 6 months of employment at this company

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job and that's all I recall   1 Answer

Negotiation

they asked me if I was interested and I ruefully said yes

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

i was pre-screened and had a good reference from a former colleague who works at ValueOptions. He sold me on the company ahead of time and told me when there was an opening. He knew my talent and he was well respected by his management. My interview was smooth and the hiring manager agreed that I was as competent as my referral source told her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. My referral already sold me on the company and I was offered more than my present place of employment at that time.

Data Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ValueOptions in July 2014.

Interview

I applied to the job through the company website within 48 hours of the job being posted. I got a call from the supervisor a couple of days later. We had a fairly informal, friendly 20-minute conversation/phone interview (see "Negotiation" info below, as this was brought up), and I was asked if I could come in later that week to meet with her. The in-person interview went very well, and included a (surprise) Excel test in the end. I was given a tour of the department and introduced to a few people, then went home feeling great about my chances. I got a call a little over a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview questions, with nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told in the first phone interview what the salary was, as she wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I respected her up-frontness, and the final offer was as expected, which was decent and I accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Wixom, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted for position via Careerbuilder.com,received call a few hours later on same day. Interviewed 3 days later with the Claims and Mbr Svcs supervisors and received call within 2 hours of interview, offering me the job. The interview included a brief general assessment testing your knowledge of claims associated terms (coinsurance, deductible,etc.). Very easy assessment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Great interview. Staff seemed really nice. Supervisor was extremely talkative and ranty, struggled to stay awake during the last minutes. Supervisor seemed really easy to read and probably wouldn't have spent as much time with me if she didn't feel like I was a good candidate. Offered the job days later, then was told to submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

Offered another position at a different company.

HEDIS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Albany, NY).

Interview

Was introduced to this psoition through a temp agency. This is their primary method of hiring for this department/position. I went in for an interview, there was great chemistry, some hard questions but nothing too unexpected for the job description as she made she to tell abotu the job in detail before asking you questions. The questions were mostly directly relevant to not only past experience, but also ability to handle the types of situations and frustrations that would occur during the position.

Interview Questions

• One that may be difficult for some is the question of how you would handle dealing with applicaitons and systems that were still under develeopment or having issues, and if you could deal with the frustration of needing to complete a job when your own tools may be causing issues and hindering your work. Basically a questiion to give you an idea of what issues you might face, but also to see how you would handle that kind of barriers and what you would do productively to deal with the situation.   1 Answer

This position paid very well (even with the temp agency taking a cut) but a different position at the same company had opened up that could become permanent (unlike this position). Also, the other position offered the option of working from home eventually.