Valve Corporation Bilingual Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valve Corporation

1 Interview Review

Bilingual Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valve Corporation (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, who offered me to apply to this position. I had a 1:1 interview in this recruiting agency, then I received a skill translation test test. The I had a 1 hour long phone interview, where had to answer to a whole list of both technical and business related questions questions: what do we need to do with a piracy problem in the given country? What are the best dates to run marketing campaigns in your country? What is a device driver? How would you write a specific query in SQL? etc. Next day I received a email from them, saying that I was not an ideal fit. It did not bother me at all until I found out that they interviewed a few my friends from my MBA program during the last year and nobody of them got to 1:1 interview.
Everybody made a translation of different game summaries and shared many valuable business development ideas.
It is obvious, that if they needed to hire somebody for this entry level position they would find a fit during the whole year. I guess that it is a part of their business strategy: have less employees, decrease costs, have industry highest profit- let applicants do some work for free, at least translations and business consulting. I like the idea, but I don't like to be fooled.

Interview Questions

• What do we need to do with a piracy problem in the given country?   Answer Question
  • What are the best dates to run marketing campaigns in your country?   Answer Question