Valvoline Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valvoline (Bowling Green, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Very informal, basic STAR questions. As long as you study these types of questions, you should be good to go. Prepare yourself to call upon lots of previous experiences. You'll be called to schedule an interview, do the interview, and you'll hear about an offer. Very simple process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." type questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valvoline

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valvoline (Buffalo, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Very casual, made me comfortable during the process. We sat in the managers office during normal business hours, wasn't high pressure at all. Went over expectations of the job, scheduling, the job environment itself. Introduced me to the rest of the staff, made me feel part of the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valvoline (Warren, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Lengthy and not worth it after 3 years of bull crap. I had a great experience with my crew at the shop. But month after month and year after year they give so many excuses as to why they can't promote you even though you do every little thing they say. The benefits are great the crews are great. The upper management as in area managers and up are full of it

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be apart of our team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valvoline (San Diego, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I went in an filled out an application. I then called a couple times after and got an interview set up. I was interviewed by two assistant managers, then by the manager. Be prepared to answer 10 questions or so. Some questions were, "When were you in a situation where you had to improvise, and what did you do?"
    "Why do you want to work here?" They also asked what experience I had.

Interview Questions

• When were you in a situation you had to improvise, and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Though I had prior experience, he said they started at minimum wage. Senior Techs make roughly .50 cents more, and CSR make about 9. Assistant managers range from 10-15, and managers are salary at at least 32K