Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an in person interview. Entire interview process took less than two weeks from start to finish. Everyone was super friendly and very easy to talk to.

Lead Generation Interview

Interview

It was very professional and warm. The people really made you feel at home. They do care about college students and helping them succeed. I would recommend the opportunity to try out this company.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness/strength? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

They yell at you to test you,see if you can handle being destroyed every day by angry customers on the phone. These are mostly poor people with illnesses who can't afford to pay on their home loans.

Interview Questions

• Your resume is awful, why do you think you deserve this job? Why?   1 Answer
    • Can you kick a sick woman out of her only home?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Met recruiter at job fair and was given a quick interview on the spot. Basic questions about my resume and myself. Phone interview followed highlighting the company and role. Invited for a second, more formal interview on site. Many behavioral questions and questions about why I wanted to work there, but mostly free flowing conversation. They made an offer at the end of the third interview which was with the rest of the team and the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance.

Interview

I was recruited from my college campus. I was first invited to a company tour. A few days after the tour I was called to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and only took about 15-20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was asked to come in for an office interview. This interview lasted around 30 minutes and was conducted by HR. Immediately following that interview I was taken to listen in on some calls being made by Account Reps then asked to complete a personality type test. The test took me about 45 minutes to complete. A week or so after this interview, I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. This interview was conducted by a panel of 3 people. One was a "pod" leader and the other two people were "team" leaders. They each asked me a series of questions then left the room to deliberate. When the "pod" leader returned, he offered me the job. Overall a pretty basic interview process. There weren't really any questions asked that I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle kicking someone out of their home?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

1 call and 1 interview

Interview Questions

• just wanted a college graduate and didn't care what your degree was in. Advised they wanted to appear professional   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat rate with a bonus if you met your goals..varied

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online after meeting recruiter at a career fair. Phone interview. Filling out the application wasn't complicated, and the recruiter contacted me soon afterwards via email. I learned quite a bit about the company during the interview, and she asked me basic questions and detailed her personal experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Started out okay. Asked a series of questions. At the end, she did not want to move further because I had a career gap over 2 years ago. Waste of time for someone with a career gap, I'm not sure why they took the time to call me if they were just going to deny an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength? greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • What type of company do you want to work for?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

I was recruited at my University's career fair. Had two different interviews. The first was very simple. The second was with a hiring manager, which was much more formal. I also had to take an intelligence/personality test, and went for a job shadow before I was even offered the job.

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Knoxville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, they asked me questions about my goals, and why I wanted to work for them. Then was contacted for a face to face interview. Then was contacted for a third interview, which was a lunch interview, where they asked more detailed questions about my career.

Interview Questions

• What other opportunities have you been offered since you graduated, why did they not work out?   Answer Question

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance (Maryville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

They will insult you to try and get you worked up to see how you handle phone calls. They will act like they don't think you are cut out for the job. You just have to remember you're calling on past due trailer payments.

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of urgency on a scale of 1 to 10?   1 Answer
    • I thought Northern's were supposed to be high strung. Is that not true?   1 Answer
    • Would you say you are passive, assertive, or aggressive?   1 Answer