Vanderbilt University Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt University Graduate Student Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my online application in November. And received an interview offer in December. The interview was a two-day onsite event. We had lunch with potential recruiting companies and had dinner with current students.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Following submission of the online application I was contacted to come for an interview weekend. Interview was very informal. I met with multiple professors who told me about their research and then asked me to describe mine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Submission of application and interviews that was one day long. The questions asked was not out of the ordinary. Just a discussion regarding your previous research experience and interests similarly to what other schools would also ask during their interview process. The application is also free online so that the application costs are not prohibitive.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University.

Interview

Applied for the Phd program ... got selected ..

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in February 2010.

Interview

Was recruited at a career fair. Very open and emphasized the environment on campus. Applied online. Was invited to visit (paid for). Met with 4 professors who each interviewed me 1:1 for at least 30 minutes each. were looking for specific interests and how you would fit in with their lab and the department itself. Very open and laid back community but a lot of politics involved. Range of workers from very lazy to insanely busy.

Interview Questions

• In your past research or project experience, describe a time that something did not go the way it was supposed to and the steps you took to deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) in March 2007.

Interview

The BRET office spent a lot of time telling us general information about the university and medical center, background on the IGP program. We then had a series of one-on-one interviews with selected faculty members, who told us about their own research and asked questions about our experience. interests, and our applications. We were chaperoned by 1st year students who were available for questions and we had meals with other senior grad students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation