Vanderbilt University Medical Center Administrative Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

2.5

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online in October 2014. Contacted for a brief phone screening with HR about a month later. Pretty basic questions, like describing my education and current experience, explaining why I wanted the job, etc. Contacted several weeks after that by hiring manager of the department. I was living in another state, so he interviewed me by phone and we set up an in-person interview for later in the month when I would be in town for the holidays. More detailed questions this time, such as describing how I handle conflict, strengths and weaknesses, where I see my career path going. After that interview, he wanted me to meet with another manager in the department the following week. Pretty much the same questions as the first manager.

All in all, four interviews and a three month application process for a very basic, entry-level position! But part of that was due to my living out of state, and I was contacted just a few days after the final interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at you work that you didn't handle well, and what do you wish you had done instead?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Short, sweet, to the point. No messing around. I was overqualified with my experience & was told during the interview that I had already made it to the final round/meet & greet and that they just had me come in for HR reasons/fairness to other candidates. Interviewer was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question