Vanderbilt University Medical Center Administrative Assistant II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a number of people. The interview process was very professional and pleasant. It was nice getting feedback and questions from various people with different perspectives about the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in an environment where there were people of all cultures and races? How did you work with them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I first submitted for the role in June 2015. I didn't hear anything for a while, then I got a call asking me questions about working in the medical area/a specific department. It sounded like they were interested, so I wasn't surprised when I got another call a couple weeks later. However, it dawned on me in the middle of that conversation it was a different department calling. This time they sent me a questionnaire to fill out. I had a panel interview with some wonderful people via phone which went very well but then I didn't hear anything for several days. I needed to make a decision about either moving to TN or move in town so when I didn't hear anything, I made the incorrect assumption they weren't interested so we moved in town.

Five days after we moved, they called me to see if I could come for what I believed were to be the final, in person interviews. I told them during this time they would have to pay relocation, as we had just moved. I was ecstatic when they called to offer me the job but devastated that I needed to turn it down because they weren't able to pay enough for relocation, even though I truly believe they tried. SO disappointed, as they are a fantastic group of people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? Why are you in the job market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

They contact you for a phone interview and then you can have up to 3 different face to face interviews depending on the position which you are applying for. They have practicum job related questions. They are nice when interviewing but stick to the facts don't ramble and don't talk to much about yourself or where you see yourself fitting in unless asked specifically those questions. Also go into 2525 West End and apply on their computers. Ask all the questions you have to those ladies at HR Express they are a huge assists. Even if you get the job I can guarantee you, that you will be calling them asking questions. Also be on your best behavior and be nice to everyone you have no clue who knows who.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had workplace differences describe to me the situation surrounding the conflict the steps which you took and the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is up for negotiation. if your having a hard time getting in the door try getting hired through VTS, that's Vanderbilt's internal temporary staffing agency. They have people in HR who will place you on assignments and you can learn the internal programs will applying for the jobs you really want.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Interview

I got this job through a temp agency in the area. It was pretty direct to hire. As long as you show enthusiasm and do the work they need, you'll do great!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was payed less than what I was making through the temp agency. Once I was hired on, I was payed $1.00 less that with the temp agency. I didn't quite understand why..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

All applications are online. You never speak to anyone in HR. Someone from the hiring manager's office will call or e-mail you. The process is very slow. Be prepared to wait up to 30 days before someone contacts you. You may start with 1:1 and then proceed to group interviews. or vice-versa. The university prefers behavioral interviews and gives the hiring managers templates of questions,.

The after-interview process is also a long period. You may never hear from the again, or you may receive a e-mail form letter from HR stating that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• What would be your fantasy job--not related the position you're applied for today?   Answer Question