Vanderbilt University Medical Center Mental Health Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Mental Health Specialist

Interviews at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

1.0

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Poor, judgemental, and bias. It was made clear during the hiring process that my degrees would not be utilized. However, I needed the job and benefits.

Interviewers were unfriendly and not involved in the day-to-day operations of the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic. Conducted a phone interview with HR. Then got passed along to a panel interview with the 3 coordinators from each department (children, adolescent, and geriatrics). Later, I received an e-mail from one of the coordinators offering me the position. Furthermore HR then called me to provide me with details about benefits and pay. I got offered around 13.00 an hour. Unfortunately, with costs of my daycare and gas, etc. I was not financially able to accept the job. Furthermore, through negotiation It was extremely difficult to get specific answers regarding my hours/shift, specifically days and times which made it difficult to figure out childcare.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions. Strengths/weaknesses, past experiences. They did ask a lot of questions involving how you would handle a specific situaition and asking you to describe a situation in which you demonstrated a positive quality (such as leadership).   Answer Question